chrome is not the best browser

abdwerks

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I definitely do not like Google Chrome especially since i decided to install adobe flash I had to choose a browser that was capable of supporting it anyways Google Chrome was slow and was crashing I tried some browsers on the Android Market right now I am using boat Browser I think that it is the best it is fast intuitive and easy to use I think the scrolling is smoother on this browser. my Nexus 10 is amazing I feel like I am ahead in the future using a device like this. the processor is super fast the screen is unbelievable I've never seen anything like it in my life I love jelly bean especially since this is stock I cannot even imagine what is the next version of Android will have and I know since I have a nexus I will be getting all the latest updates.

silentagenda

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm interchangeably using: Chrome, Dolphin, and Firefox Beta.
Chrome is great for some things; just that it's slower on the Nexus 10 than other browsers (I agree). Dolphin and Firefox seem to be the fastest for me, at this time. Dolphin glides like a dream. Firefox Beta is just a good start to see their progression (hopefully, it'll become equally as amazing as Dolphin, or better). Ideally, I'd hope that they'd optimize Chrome for Android... we'll see.

silentagenda

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm sold on the bookmark sync with my desktop available with Chrome.

Yeah, that's a fairly alluring feature - if I used it. I haven't signed "into" Chrome the whole time I've been using it via Desktop. I'm uncertain as to how much I want Google to step into my life/world online. ;p

EnlightenedSoul

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's a fairly alluring feature - if I used it. I haven't signed "into" Chrome the whole time I've been using it via Desktop. I'm uncertain as to how much I want Google to step into my life/world online. ;p

I was hesitant at first too, until I had to swap to another workstation, it definitely saved me some time. Then again you will not know what your missing until you try it.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm sold on the bookmark sync with my desktop available with Chrome.
Firefox supports Syncing bookmarks with desktop. It is multiplaform and has Adblock Plus (and zillions of other good addons). And unlike Chrome it is open source, spyware free, and supports Flash (on mobile).

Yeah, that's a fairly alluring feature
Firefox supports Syncing bookmarks with desktop.

- if I used it. I haven't signed "into" Chrome the whole time I've been using it via Desktop. I'm uncertain as to how much I want Google to step into my life/world online. ;p
Exactly. I have enough of my life handed to Google. I will not use Chrome because it is closed-source. I am quite sure Google collects all kinds of nice stuff from your browsing with it. I also no longer use Google search on my desktops, I use http://www.startpage.com instead. For desktop, if you really want Chrome but without the potential spyware, at least use chromium instead: Chromium (web browser) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was hesitant at first too, until I had to swap to another workstation, it definitely saved me some time. Then again you will not know what your missing until you try it.
Firefox supports Syncing bookmarks with desktop.

I use Chrome almost exclusively because of the bookmark sync.
Firefox supports Syncing bookmarks with desktop. And I believe it has been doing that for longer than Chrome has even existed.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
For those using Chrome mainly because of the bookmarks sync with your Chrome desktop browser, but would like to use Dolphin, you can get virtually the same thing (manual sync, not real time though) using Cmarks (paid for) sync app.

Make sure Dolphin is installed first. Then install the full paid version of Cmarks (the Lite version won't interface with Dolphin, only Chrome). Run it and enter the password for your Gmail account if your cloud bookmarks are encrypted. Then open Dolphin and go to 'Add Ons'. You'll see a new thing called Cmarks Integrate. Click that and hit OK.

It'll copy the Chrome desktop bookmarks over to a separate folder inside Dolphin so you don't overwrite anything you already had in Dolphin.

Works perfectly. Just make sure Dolphin is installed first before you install Cmarks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax