Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Audio not working via micro HDMI cable

For some reason when I connect my nexus 10 to a panasonic TV there is no audio. With a LG TV it worked so I'm not sure what the problem is. I use MX player...should I be using a different player?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Audio not working via micro HDMI cable

There is another thread that discusses this problem, IIRC some of the people experiancing it determined it was the HDMI cable. If I stumble across the thread again I'll post a link here.

<EDIT>
    NEVER MIND. I see you posted in the thread I mentioned. I'm adding the link incase anyone else discovers this tread first since I Already Bumped it

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...-no-audio.html
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Cool thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Question Re: Audio not working via micro HDMI cable

OK...well I am glad I found this, as I 'almost' have the same issue. I purchased the Nexus 10 and love it. Everything works fine...i can view my photos with sound on my HDMI cord to my TV, etc and all works fine, with the exception of MOVIES. When i use the PLAY MOVIE via Play Store, the movies play fine on the tablet, but when i plug in the HDMI cord, the movie stops, like its trying to buffer and stays like that forever. I pull the HDMI cord out of the tablet, and i can press play and plays fine on the tablet. I have tried rebooting it after i plug in the cord, during, etc and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? I have also used 3 different HDMI cords as well with no luck!
    Last edited by bobin704; 01-01-2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: misspelling

OP: Have you tried a different HDMI input on the Panasonic TV? Its strange it works fine with the LG but not the Panasonic. I have a Samsung TV and MXPlayer sound works just fine.

When I first hooked it up though the sound wouldnt play at all in anything. I reset the N10 (long power button press) and everything has been fine since...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

my Micro HDMI cable came a week or more ago but I keep forgetting to test it.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]