Nexus 10 power button difficult to use

InfinitiGuy

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got to finally open my Nexus 10 for Christmas and noticed that the power button is very difficult to use. It doesn't have the same 'click' as the volume control but instead just mushes in so you never really know how hard you need to push it. Is this just a problem with mine or do the rest also behave this way?

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got to finally open my Nexus 10 for Christmas and noticed that the power button is very difficult to use. It doesn't have the same 'click' as the volume control but instead just mushes in so you never really know how hard you need to push it. Is this just a problem with mine or do the rest also behave this way?
Mine clicks softly. With short travel.
No problem here

InfinitiGuy

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to call Google and see what they can do. I hope they have replacement units available without having to wait an eternity. Anyone know how they handle warranty returns? Do they send you a replacement and then you send yours or do you have to live without a tablet for a while?

silentagenda

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

The power button the Nexus 10 is rather responsive and feels fine to me. I can push down on it and know how far I've pushed it - plus, it'll vibrate quickly if you're shutting it down manually (through the power button itself).

cykim4

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I had my N10 replaced due to wifi issues, and although the wifi is still somewhat flaky (this is definitely a Jellybean issue), I'm satisfied with my replacement.

Here is what the replacement process is like:
1. You call Google, and place a replacement order.
2. They will send you the replacement, but a "hold" in the amount of $399.99 will be placed on your credit card until you send back your old device. (It's up to you; you can send your old N10 as soon as you hang up the phone, or you can wait until the new one arrives. I kept my old one until I received my replacement)
3. As soon as you ship your old device, the hold will be removed.

Because I had my replacement ordered last month, I got the new device in three days. I don't know how long you'd have to wait if you order now. I suggest you order one as soon as you can!

InfinitiGuy

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I went ahead and called them, surprised they were even open today. They will be sending me another unit and once I return my current one, they will remove the credit card hold. Other than this issue, I love tablet and how fast it works. When I use my Daughter's iPad2, it feels so 'old' now.