nexus 10 and sleep/wake button issue

lovebreedlove

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Ive seen only a couple related posts but figured I'd chime in

Just got a new nexus 10 and immediately noticed that after pressing the sleep button' the tablet goes to sleep (or so it seems). I then try to wake it up by pressing the button but instead of waking up it goes through the boot up process ("Google"' then the "x" symbol). Sometimes it doesn't even do this, instead it is unresponsive until after I press and hold the button down for 5+ seconds a few times.

I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this or maybe a hot fix software update. Hoping to not to go through the exchange process. This is a brand new tablet shipped within the last couple weeks. I imagine in the coming days, there will be more posts about this and its not just my tablet experiencing this issue.

Running Android 4.2...

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Ive seen only a couple related posts but figured I'd chime in

Just got a new nexus 10 and immediately noticed that after pressing the sleep button' the tablet goes to sleep (or so it seems). I then try to wake it up by pressing the button but instead of waking up it goes through the boot up process ("Google"' then the "x" symbol). Sometimes it doesn't even do this, instead it is unresponsive until after I press and hold the button down for 5+ seconds a few times.

I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this or maybe a hot fix software update. Hoping to not to go through the exchange process. This is a brand new tablet shipped within the last couple weeks. I imagine in the coming days, there will be more posts about this and its not just my tablet experiencing this issue.

Running Android 4.2...

Mine is doing the same thing. Does a factory reset solve the issue?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

lovebreedlove

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Tried factory reset. (even though I haven't really made any major changes to it.)

Something odd though when I tried factory reset. It didn't delete any newly installed apps and my data was still there (ie Google account settings, browser history etc) I figured all that stuff would be wiped...

I'll try again. I'm fearing I'll have to call Google to arrange an exchange (their website says they're out of stock till March...)

lovebreedlove

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Something new that may explain the issue (but perhaps someone more knowledgeable can explain it).

When the tablet is not plugged into charger = when trying to wake, it goes through bootup process, meaning when I initially press sleep button, it actually powers it down?

When tablet is plugged into wall charger = exact same scenario as above

BUT, when I have the table plugged into my computer, the sleep/wake works as expected. No power downs, no reboots IE. it behaves as it SHOULD

mjnichol

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had similar odd behavior with the battery on my Nexus 10. Even though it shows the Nexus 10 as out of stock, you can still get replacements if you call the customer support number and tell them your issue (I did so today).