Does nexus 10 support Flash?

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
OP, Some web pages are completely inaccessible w/o flash however few in number. For example, Springfield Armory.

meqa2a5a.jpg

Now goto that web page on your desktop and its a fairly impressive flash layout, as far as flash goes anyway.

You'll find quite a bit of the Internet to be annoying w/o flash especially a lot of embedded videos. I've been trying to avoid side loading flash on my N10 but its pretty tough.

The stock browser shipped with the Nexus 10 is Chrome which inherently doesn't support flash. So you'll need to download a free 3rd party browser like Dolphin or Firefox or whichever of the hundred you prefer. I would just see how you can do without it for a lot of people it's a non issue (millions of iPad owners) and if you feel you need it sideload it, takes 30 seconds.

Edit: I skimmed, everything I said has pretty much been said.

inwester

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I was able to install Flash and use it with Boat/Ocean browser. However, while playing some videos the screen flickers and only displays top half of the video. The rest of the screen is just black. Is anyone else having this same problem? This is only while watching videos on websites in full screen mode. When I don't use full screen and let the video run on the webpage itself it runs fine. Also smaller flash files and advertisements seems to be running okay.

VBurkhol

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I was having the same problem with Amazon prime videos (Nexus wouldn't support flash) but Boat Browser did the trick! Appreciate it~

infamy707

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 10 in the mail today and love it so far. However, I cant get flash to work for some reason. I have downloaded and installed acouple different apk files numerous times and tried using boat browser, old dolphin browser, and firefox. No luck and I am usually good with these things.

THe reason I need flash is so I can view VirtualTextbooks on sites like Aplia and WebConnect in class.

Vipin Sharma

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
First of all, thanks to every one contributing and sharing their knowledge.
I have Nexus10 and installed Firefox on it to run flash (I have also installed the flash 11.1) on the device.

I observed that my son's login on readingeggs.co.uk worked while the same did not worked on Firefox.

Secondly, The behaviour of flash plug in is erratic, I mean, with the Boat browser I get the message that 'Install flash version 10.3 or above to run the content'. I have enabled the Page Contents -> Plugins to 'Always'.
Where as the same contents run in Firefox.

Any one has any idea around this?

Thanks in advance.
VS

kevfor

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Then launch a Flash-aware browser such as Firefox and it should be Flash-enabled.

Thanks so much for this! I need this to complete an online course which uses Flash and I didn't want to drag my laptop everywhere. I tried with both Firefox and Boat; Firefox won, mainly 'cause it syncs with my desktop version, but also 'cause it was the only one i could get Flash to work with. At first, neither one seemed to work, but then I opened AC in Firefox again and it showed Flash working in an advertisement banner. Thanks again!

CCTall

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
There is the Dolphin browser beta that is supposed to have Flash support. I haven't used it yet, if anybody has are there any problems or all well?

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter which tablet. Flash is supported under certain non-stock browsers. One of those is Firefox... but you have to load the Flash "apk" first. Without Flash, a browser cannot render Flash elements on websites that choose to use it. Many sites work just fine without it, some will have a loss in functionality. You don't need Flash to watch video locally on your tablet, on Youtube, or in apps.

Flash is on the way out, so many sites are starting to offer javascript/ajax/etc alternatives.

Everything else you mentioned is easy- just remember that if you have a WiFi-only tablet, you will not be able to use anything Internet related without a WiFi connection. Contrary to popular belief, accessible WiFi is far from "everywhere." If your cellphone and plan support WiFi "tethering", you can use that for access, but there are usually extra charges or restrictions on it.

Or you can root your phone and tether for free!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The specs on the Nexus 10 are better than any other Android tablet right now. Except that it lacks an SD card slot.

Yes. Again, that should work on most any Android tablet.
Some folks take an external card reader and attach it via usb for more storage. I can only imagine maybe doing it if I was going on a long trip or flight and loading it up with movies or other insanely large files. but other than that. . . . . I personally would pass

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I was able to install Flash and use it with Boat/Ocean browser. However, while playing some videos the screen flickers and only displays top half of the video. The rest of the screen is just black. Is anyone else having this same problem? This is only while watching videos on websites in full screen mode. When I don't use full screen and let the video run on the webpage itself it runs fine. Also smaller flash files and advertisements seems to be running okay.

Behavior has been normal for quite some time. I'd guess that's one (but certainly not the only) reason Adobe discontinued support for Flash on mobile device...in the end, it simply just doesn't work very well.

Physt69

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
The specs on the Nexus 10 are better than any other Android tablet right now. Except that it lacks an SD card slot.

Yes. Again, that should work on most any Android tablet.

While Crxssi is correct, there is an alternative and you do not need an SD card.The Nexus will support USB flash sticks. All you need to do is purchase a USB to USB micro cable for $1-$2 and you can use any flash stick for additional memory by using the micro USB where you power up. I have an additional 128GB of storage this way.

SJFA

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
It has a flash in the back if that's what you asking.:p
You're kidding, right? You did read the post, right? You did read the rest of the posts - before yours - right?
You do know that "flash" and "a flash" are not equivalent in the English language, right?
Did you just ignore everything else in the thread and quote a totally non-related feature from the online description?
Did you think that the OP and everyone after that was stupid and that no one, including the OP, knew what you knew?
Did you decide to add your 2-cents to a thread that clearly had NOTHING to do with anything that you understand?
Looking at your other 75 posts, this is far from the first post of this type.
If you don't know what you're talking about it would be best for you not to pull the trigger so quickly on a post that clearly displays your ignorance.
You could try to read the thread and understand the question before you eliminate any doubt that you are a fool.
You better get an Etch-a-Sketch and use your tablet as a doorstop before you bruise your brain...

To everyone else... I had to write this because out-and-out stupidity in the written word makes me want to puke.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You're kidding, right? You did read the post, right? You did read the rest of the posts - before yours - right?
You do know that "flash" and "a flash" are not equivalent in the English language, right?
Did you just ignore everything else in the thread and quote a totally non-related feature from the online description?
Did you think that the OP and everyone after that was stupid and that no one, including the OP, knew what you knew?
Did you decide to add your 2-cents to a thread that clearly had NOTHING to do with anything that you understand?
Looking at your other 75 posts, this is far from the first post of this type.
If you don't know what you're talking about it would be best for you not to pull the trigger so quickly on a post that clearly displays your ignorance.
You could try to read the thread and understand the question before you eliminate any doubt that you are a fool.
You better get an Etch-a-Sketch and use your tablet as a doorstop before you bruise your brain...

To everyone else... I had to write this because out-and-out stupidity in the written word makes me want to puke.

Uh, before you responded to his now almost six month old post, did you stop to consider the fact that perhaps he was just being flip or trying to be funny? #nobodysthatdumb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca