Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Is Nexus 10 worth purchasing?

To be honest the Google ecosystem seems to work a lot better than apples, especially if you don't have a Mac but a PC. ITunes is terrible software. The backing up is a nightmare to use because its so flaky.

16 gig already tells me that the apps take up a lot of space. I know books don't and if your just reading then 16 gig is huge. Movies on the other hand can be temp watched and deleted or in the cloud so where do all the gigs come from?

I love mine. No light bleed or stuttering issues. Lightning fast. Open big spreadsheets fine and are easy to read with the resolution on this thing. Games and movies are also great.

I haven't noticed an issue with apps either. The ones I always use were either there or I found better options for the tablet.

I say buy one. You cannot go wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    KJ

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
    Gawd Man,
    Don't Do It.

Lightbleed ( They all have it on the bottom right corner while watching a movie.. some have it at various spots all around the screen..) there are some on XDA that are on their 8th Nexus-10 because of the Lightbleed issue.., Google 4.2.1 makes your Nexus-10 run WORSE than 4.1.1 ( Random Reboots, studders using Chorme studders in NFS Most Wanted ) Been use to eating well with the ipad's 275,000 Tablet Optimized Apps? you will just have the Developer's "Crumbs" here.. only 50-100 tablet optimized apps for Android.. Developers develope for iPad.. So I hope you don't like Tablet Optimized App variety on your plate.. or you can live with Blown Up ( 2x ) Phone Apps running on your Nexus-10... If so, you are good to go. Android has over 700,000 of them waiting for you to download and run on your Nexus-10..

Do yourself a big favor..
    Walk into an Apple Store and let them fit you with a Retina Display State of the Art iPad 4..
    You'll be glad you did.
    I've used an Ipad, a Motorola Xoom and a Nexus 10. The iPad works well, but it is just so boring. On the iPad, I can't stand the lack of keyboard options and the lack of intents for apps (set defaults for file types, etc). I guess there might be thousands of tablet Apps for the iPad, but I only have about 50 on my Nexus 10 and all of the ones I've wanted have looked great on the tablet (except for the NPR app which only works with portrait). I don't have any light bleed and I can put up with the odd freeze until the fix comes out with 4.2.2. That's the price of being on the cutting edge, sometimes there are hiccups.

Don't get me wrong, I like the iPad. If I had to buy my grandmother or my 4-year old daughter a device, it would definitely be an iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
    Gawd Man,
    Don't Do It.

Lightbleed ( They all have it on the bottom right corner while watching a movie.. some have it at various spots all around the screen..) there are some on XDA that are on their 8th Nexus-10 because of the Lightbleed issue.., Google 4.2.1 makes your Nexus-10 run WORSE than 4.1.1 ( Random Reboots, studders using Chorme studders in NFS Most Wanted ) Been use to eating well with the ipad's 275,000 Tablet Optimized Apps? you will just have the Developer's "Crumbs" here.. only 50-100 tablet optimized apps for Android.. Developers develope for iPad.. So I hope you don't like Tablet Optimized App variety on your plate.. or you can live with Blown Up ( 2x ) Phone Apps running on your Nexus-10... If so, you are good to go. Android has over 700,000 of them waiting for you to download and run on your Nexus-10..

Do yourself a big favor..
    Walk into an Apple Store and let them fit you with a Retina Display State of the Art iPad 4..
    You'll be glad you did.
    If by big favor you mean kick yourself in the nads - then yes, do yourself a big favor and pickup an iPad. Sorry man, but I would not recommend that to anyone. Yes, the iPad has more apps - but many of the major one are available on both so, in essence, there are a lot more useless apps on iPad. In addition, if there is not already a major app on the N10, there will be. In the end, the OS on the iPad is just so restrictive and bland that it makes owning that piece of technology boring. Personally, I like being able to control my experience on all my Google devices. In contrast, my mom's iPhone looks just like any other iPhone - boring. So why invest in something boring? Why not start right from the start?
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

What is the best game you are playing in N10 ATM? I have just ordered one in Google play! Which game is taking 3.5 GB BTW?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    I have only games and some apps. One of my games is like over 40 hours of game play and amazing graphics which is 3.5 gb. 5Gb completely block for operating system. I have 23 games. 8 are in HD. Rest of apps are Facebook, IM, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Youtube, Pandora. The play store has been having some amazing sales so it's easy to fill up your tablet.
    What is the best game you are playing in N10 ATM? I have just ordered one in Google play! Which game is taking 3.5 GB BTW?

Bards Tale takes over 3 GB to play. Need For Speed: Most wanted is just under 2GB.

The thing is as we get higher res displayes, and software is written to take advantage of it, everything gets bigger.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12