The flaws of the Nexus 10

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
My only complaint is the random reboots. I'm trying to remember where I heard a sensible explanation with regards to lack of SDCard support..... I think it was Jerry on the podcast. It has to do with the profile support on the new versions of Android. Its impossible to keep other profiles from accessing the files on the card. When Samsung finally delivers 4.2 I'm curious to see how there going to deal with profiles and SDCard support.(If they even support profiles)

wetspecs

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Very concerned about the Nexus 10 mike. Everyone I skype with complain of a 'hissing' or 'interference' noise while I speak to them. Is this becaus the mike is on the back near the camera used for videos? I think ipad have the same layout without this problem. I also saw somewhere a mention of poor quality mike being used. However, this is very important (and probably for most others) and a solution must be found. I am about to test the mike with/without rear removable plastic strip and also some sort of reflective shield to bounce my voice back onto the mike while skyping.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Very concerned about the Nexus 10 mike. Everyone I skype with complain of a 'hissing' or 'interference' noise while I speak to them. Is this becaus the mike is on the back near the camera used for videos?

I have skyped on the N10 several times without any problem or complaint from anyone.

smoghound

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I've just added a 32 GB flash drive via a ?0.93 cable from Amazon (flash drive cost ?10) and the Nexus media software. I am watching 10 GB blue ray rip of Safehouse - picture quality is fantastic. try doing that on an iPad

abdwerks

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
very minor screen bleed although this is barely noticeable it is still there I think this is a common and normal flaw on the Nexus 10s . i'm not worried about it love my device.

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have skyped and no issues with microphone. You may want to think about a replacement if this is an ongoing problem.

Screen bleed I have had 2- N10's and looked at others that friends got. They all have the screen bleed on bottom left and right, it's slight and only noticeable on a total black screen. Not a biggie for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Those "flaws" are debatable as some people don't care about expandable memory (I got the 32GB one) and you can tether for cell connectivity. Plus as for apps the mobile ones usually look just as good on the N10 and the battery life is great on mine.

IMO this is definitely the best tablet to have right now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Those "flaws" are debatable as some people don't care about expandable memory

Storage. Memory is not expandable on any tablet or phone. Unfortunately for me, it is not enough space for all my music and photos. I like to have everything with me. Was no problem on the Xoom, I had TONS of storage space with 32 onboard and 32 SD card. I do miss that. But, I am dealing with it.

IMO this is definitely the best tablet to have right now.
True!

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Storage. Memory is not expandable on any tablet or phone. Unfortunately for me, it is not enough space for all my music and photos. I like to have everything with me. Was no problem on the Xoom, I had TONS of storage space with 32 onboard and 32 SD card. I do miss that. But, I am dealing with it.

True!

Storage* My mistake.

Thomas Day

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
People complaining about the lack of storage space for music and photos need to learn to use the cloud - that's what it's there for. I have over 15000 songs in my Google play library online, but I keep a couple thousand of my most recently purchased or favorites local in case I am offline, which is rare. And I have 40000 photos on an amazon cloud drive so I can access them or the music from my android tablet, nook or android phone.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
When I use Google Chrome, it occasionally freezes ramdomly, forcing be to restart my Nexus 10..... Is this problem ever happened to you guy? This is very frustrating.... Any ideas? -_-;

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
When I use Google Chrome, it occasionally freezes ramdomly, forcing be to restart my Nexus 10..... Is this problem ever happened to you guy? This is very frustrating.... Any ideas? -_-;

I use Dolphin HD. Awesome browser, I haven't even touched Chrome.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
People complaining about the lack of storage space for music and photos need to learn to use the cloud

1) The "could" does not leave my files completely under my control.
2) The "cloud" does not guarantee privacy/security.
3) The "cloud" is not available anywhere except within an accessible WiFi area, which is less than 25% of my time.
4) The "cloud" is slow compared to local storage (which can matter greatly with some things, like photo browsing).
5) If you are on a measured plan of any sort, the data use will count against it.
6) Using network/WiFi for data on portable devices uses considerably more power/battery than local storage.
7) Local media consumption cannot be interrupted by hiccups in network stability or bandwidth.

Certainly there is a valuable place for "cloud" storage, your example of having some local and mostly remote storage is reasonable. But it is not suitable for many people for all uses and in many cases is no substitute for local storage. Storage is *cheap* now, it is crazy to not have plenty of it on devices.

anonuk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
3) The "cloud" is not available anywhere except within an accessible WiFi area, which is less than 25% of my time.
4) The "cloud" is slow compared to local storage (which can matter greatly with some things, like photo browsing).
5) If you are on a measured plan of any sort, the data use will count against it.
6) Using network/WiFi for data on portable devices uses considerably more power/battery than local storage.
7) Local media consumption cannot be interrupted by hiccups in network stability or bandwidth.

Certainly there is a valuable place for "cloud" storage, your example of having some local and mostly remote storage is reasonable. But it is not suitable for many people for all uses and in many cases is no substitute for local storage. Storage is *cheap* now, it is crazy to not have plenty of it on devices.

I use the cloud that is my NAS, has all my music, pictures and personal data files.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I use the cloud that is my NAS, has all my music, pictures and personal data files.

That is a good point- "cloud" is just a catch-phrase for the Internet. Just because something is being accessed from remote storage doesn't necessarily mean it is storage of someone else, out of your control. But for most people, when they say "cloud", what they really mean is some service provider such as Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Netflix, etc.

In the same way, I do post my photos on my own (physical) server which is connected to the Internet, and it is password protected. But I still like having those photos actually on my mobile devices for instant access anytime, anywhere.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Some people prefer the cloud. Hence why the N4 was sold out so darn quickly when they first came out. (Not purely because of that, but they obviously couldn't care less about lack of expandable memory.)

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The display is wonderful. I have gotten great battery life. The app selection is a bit of a double edge sword. I could care less if there are 15 or 1500. It is the quality of the apps that matter.

As far as storage I think Google has good reason for it, or at least the reasons I have heard have all seemed very legit. You should remember that external sd cards are really just for user content like owned music and videos. There are a few interesting options. I would suggest looking at a Seagate goflex satellite. It is almost the same as a sd card with 500gb of storage.