Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Re: The flaws of the Nexus 10

very minor screen bleed although this is barely noticeable it is still there I think this is a common and normal flaw on the Nexus 10s . i'm not worried about it love my device.

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

Default The flaws of the Nexus 10

I have skyped and no issues with microphone. You may want to think about a replacement if this is an ongoing problem.

Screen bleed I have had 2- N10's and looked at others that friends got. They all have the screen bleed on bottom left and right, it's slight and only noticeable on a total black screen. Not a biggie for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Those "flaws" are debatable as some people don't care about expandable memory (I got the 32GB one) and you can tether for cell connectivity. Plus as for apps the mobile ones usually look just as good on the N10 and the battery life is great on mine.

IMO this is definitely the best tablet to have right now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,682 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Those "flaws" are debatable as some people don't care about expandable memory
    Storage. Memory is not expandable on any tablet or phone. Unfortunately for me, it is not enough space for all my music and photos. I like to have everything with me. Was no problem on the Xoom, I had TONS of storage space with 32 onboard and 32 SD card. I do miss that. But, I am dealing with it.

IMO this is definitely the best tablet to have right now.
    True!
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Storage. Memory is not expandable on any tablet or phone. Unfortunately for me, it is not enough space for all my music and photos. I like to have everything with me. Was no problem on the Xoom, I had TONS of storage space with 32 onboard and 32 SD card. I do miss that. But, I am dealing with it.

True!
    Storage* My mistake.

People complaining about the lack of storage space for music and photos need to learn to use the cloud - that's what it's there for. I have over 15000 songs in my Google play library online, but I keep a couple thousand of my most recently purchased or favorites local in case I am offline, which is rare. And I have 40000 photos on an amazon cloud drive so I can access them or the music from my android tablet, nook or android phone.
    jasonbird and xlDeMoNiClx like this.

When I use Google Chrome, it occasionally freezes ramdomly, forcing be to restart my Nexus 10..... Is this problem ever happened to you guy? This is very frustrating.... Any ideas? -_-;

Quote Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxySII View Post
    When I use Google Chrome, it occasionally freezes ramdomly, forcing be to restart my Nexus 10..... Is this problem ever happened to you guy? This is very frustrating.... Any ideas? -_-;

I use Dolphin HD. Awesome browser, I haven't even touched Chrome.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Global Posts
    2,682 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Day View Post
    People complaining about the lack of storage space for music and photos need to learn to use the cloud
    1) The "could" does not leave my files completely under my control.
    2) The "cloud" does not guarantee privacy/security.
    3) The "cloud" is not available anywhere except within an accessible WiFi area, which is less than 25% of my time.
    4) The "cloud" is slow compared to local storage (which can matter greatly with some things, like photo browsing).
    5) If you are on a measured plan of any sort, the data use will count against it.
    6) Using network/WiFi for data on portable devices uses considerably more power/battery than local storage.
    7) Local media consumption cannot be interrupted by hiccups in network stability or bandwidth.

Certainly there is a valuable place for "cloud" storage, your example of having some local and mostly remote storage is reasonable. But it is not suitable for many people for all uses and in many cases is no substitute for local storage. Storage is *cheap* now, it is crazy to not have plenty of it on devices.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Hi_Tech_Redneck likes this.

I use Dolphin HD. Awesome browser, I haven't even touched Chrome.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    Does it support flash contents?

3) The "cloud" is not available anywhere except within an accessible WiFi area, which is less than 25% of my time.
    4) The "cloud" is slow compared to local storage (which can matter greatly with some things, like photo browsing).
    5) If you are on a measured plan of any sort, the data use will count against it.
    6) Using network/WiFi for data on portable devices uses considerably more power/battery than local storage.
    7) Local media consumption cannot be interrupted by hiccups in network stability or bandwidth.

Certainly there is a valuable place for "cloud" storage, your example of having some local and mostly remote storage is reasonable. But it is not suitable for many people for all uses and in many cases is no substitute for local storage. Storage is *cheap* now, it is crazy to not have plenty of it on devices.
    I use the cloud that is my NAS, has all my music, pictures and personal data files.
    crxssi likes this.

Global Posts
    2,682 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonuk View Post
    I use the cloud that is my NAS, has all my music, pictures and personal data files.
    That is a good point- "cloud" is just a catch-phrase for the Internet. Just because something is being accessed from remote storage doesn't necessarily mean it is storage of someone else, out of your control. But for most people, when they say "cloud", what they really mean is some service provider such as Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Netflix, etc.

In the same way, I do post my photos on my own (physical) server which is connected to the Internet, and it is password protected. But I still like having those photos actually on my mobile devices for instant access anytime, anywhere.

Some people prefer the cloud. Hence why the N4 was sold out so darn quickly when they first came out. (Not purely because of that, but they obviously couldn't care less about lack of expandable memory.)

The display is wonderful. I have gotten great battery life. The app selection is a bit of a double edge sword. I could care less if there are 15 or 1500. It is the quality of the apps that matter.

As far as storage I think Google has good reason for it, or at least the reasons I have heard have all seemed very legit. You should remember that external sd cards are really just for user content like owned music and videos. There are a few interesting options. I would suggest looking at a Seagate goflex satellite. It is almost the same as a sd card with 500gb of storage.

i can assure you that the colors are great!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Thank you for all your answers!

Now I hope they will go back in stock soon... Gggrrr!

Post Re: The flaws of the Nexus 10

You cant really go by what other people say, everyone has there own preference's. You can do what I did before I bought mine and go to your local Staples store and see the contrast for yourself, they have it on display. It looks fantastic to me, maybe if there is an I-Pad or another tablet right next to it you might see the difference in it but looks good to me. You need to see for yourself before you choose the wrong tablet just because of some contrast that may or may not be there. For right now I feel I made the right choice, so far so good with everything.

Global Posts
    2,682 Global Posts

Some people prefer the cloud. Hence why the N4 was sold out so darn quickly when they first came out. (Not purely because of that, but they obviously couldn't care less about lack of expandable memory.)
    No phone or tablet has expandable memory. And the issue isn't just that it has no expandable storage, but that it lacks a reasonable amount of storage to begin with. It could not cost more than $5 additional to have offered 32GB of storage instead of the ridiculous 8 or 16.

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

Default The flaws of the Nexus 10

Quote Originally Posted by mcox9000 View Post
    You cant really go by what other people say, everyone has there own preference's. You can do what I did before I bought mine and go to your local Staples store and see the contrast for yourself, they have it on display. It looks fantastic to me, maybe if there is an I-Pad or another tablet right next to it you might see the difference in it but looks good to me. You need to see for yourself before you choose the wrong tablet just because of some contrast that may or may not be there. For right now I feel I made the right choice, so far so good with everything.
    I agree with that. I really did not notice the contrast on the Nexus 10 being softer, until I encountered a friend with an iPad 4. It is noticeable, but I do not see this as a deal breaker. That would be the last thing I would consider in making a choice. Just go check them out an play with them awhile then get what will make you the happiest.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

I agree, the best is that I see it with my own eyes The problem is that I heard in Canada, it is sold only in the Google Play store. I called some Wal-Mart and they have never heard about the Nexus 10... Staples don't have them either. But I'm not too picky, I have never own an iPad in my life so I wouldn't see the difference. I even have a big old tv (you know the old ones that are not flat?) and a DVD player (still don't have a Blu-Ray) and I think the quality of the image is ok already. (I told in another thread that I was a dinosaur... lol. I bet you all agree now.) So I think if people say here that it's good, it has to be good! Also my friend has a Samsung Note and I thought the pics she took was great. So if it was the same, I would already be happy with it.

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

Just go for it, its a great tablet. We can always find stuff to nitpick, but that great display and those front facing speakers make it all worthwhile in my book.

No phone or tablet has expandable memory. And the issue isn't just that it has no expandable storage, but that it lacks a reasonable amount of storage to begin with. It could not cost more than $5 additional to have offered 32GB of storage instead of the ridiculous 8 or 16.
    Reasonable for you. Many people don't need more than the 32 or even 16 GB options available and many that do get it anyway because they either don't mind using cloud storage or find that what they like about the device makes up for it to them. It's all preference, what works for some doesn't work for others.

With all Ive heard about the lack of data space for the Nexus 10 no one has mentioned anything about using a USB flash drive, you can use them on tablets right? This is my first tablet and havent had a chance to try a flash drive yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mcox9000 View Post
    With all Ive heard about the lack of data space for the Nexus 10 no one has mentioned anything about using a USB flash drive, you can use them on tablets right? This is my first tablet and havent had a chance to try a flash drive yet.
    Only way you could do that is if the flash drive had a Micro USB port as that's all the N10 has but I don't think they make those.

Global Posts
    2,682 Global Posts

Only way you could do that is if the flash drive had a Micro USB port as that's all the N10 has but I don't think they make those.
    It can be done with an OTG USB cable and, if not rooted, a closed-source, proprietary, non-free program: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ususb.importer
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast