Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree20Likes
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

Default Re: The flaws of the Nexus 10

Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post
    My nexus 10 has slight light bleeding on its lower right and right side of the tablet. Will it get any worse?
    No
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

The microphone on my Nexus 10 is so bad I cannot use Skype. This a major issue for me and I wish I had bought an iPad despite the Apple ecosystem.

I have used up to a terra byte drive on the usb connector. Groove Ip is for internet free phone calls via Google Voice. I like the screen, easy on the eyes. Battery life is about a day unless you are watching one movie after another (2 or 3 would be about it without plugging in.)
    "Tablet-optimized apps" is false; used to be true. On an Android 'tablet optimized' doesn't mean much other than doesn't force portrait mode when opened. Too many apps do as developers don't read the Android documentation very well. Android screens scale to the device ok if allowed to. There are an awful lot of apps; some good some bad. you can choose from more apps than in IOS if that matters to you for some reason.

If you intend to use Skype DO NOT buy a Nexus 10, otherwise it is great.

Global Posts
    5,940 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terrysnexus View Post
    Why do you say that? Because of the mike issue you mentioned a couple of posts up? I've had no problem with Skype on mine. And nobody's ever said, hey, your voice sounds crappy, I can't understand/hear you, etc. Maybe there is an issue with the mike on your N10. How is it when you record video?

The only issue I have with my N10 is the light bleed, but I believe that's endemic due to the flexible body.
    Galaxy Note II SGH-i317 stock 4.3
    Nexus 10 stock 4.4.3
    Galaxy Gear MK7
    Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Cuervo Gold ROM)

Quote Originally Posted by terrysnexus View Post
    Skype works perfectly for me too. No problems at all.

What people say they're hearing on the other end of a Skype call is not a reliable measure of the quality of your microphone. Simply record something and see what you think. I have and the mic works great. In fact I was surprised with how good it was.

From my tests, I'm confident the mic is omnidirectional. Since it's not cardiod, which would be optimal if the person speaking is close to the mic, you may need to be conscientious about background noise.

Global Posts
    5,940 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnite_blue View Post
    From my tests, I'm confident the mic is omnidirectional. Since it's not cardiod, which would be optimal if the person speaking is close to the mic, you may need to be conscientious about background noise.
    From what I understand, there are two mics, and one is used for noise canceling. So maybe there's a problem with that second mic. In any event, you can always get a cheap USB mic for Skype.
    Galaxy Note II SGH-i317 stock 4.3
    Nexus 10 stock 4.4.3
    Galaxy Gear MK7
    Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Cuervo Gold ROM)

Yes there are two. Now are both being used by apps like Skype? I believe at some point I read they didn't but it was long enough ago that I don't even remember if it was this device.

Posted via Android Central App
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234