The flaws of the Nexus 10

mcox9000

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about that Miss Elayn, I thought we were talking about expandable memory for the Nexus 10 not a camera. I read your last message wrong. You would need what ever connector your camera is to micro USB.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Wikipedia editors are generally liberal leaning. Liberals generally love apple. The small biases shine through on occasion.

I guarantee you that "lack of expandable storage" is not on the I pad or iphone pages;-)

Or maybe I am reading into it too much and they are just allowing the opinions or android commentators to show in the review to appeal to the android community. Apple commentators know that they are never getting expandable storage so they don't complain.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been running into Chrome freezing and crashing issues, not too often, but it does happen. Other than that I've been really happy with it.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The 4.2.2 update definitely fixed Google chrome crashing issues on my Nexus 10. Never had an single force close after the update, and the N10 seems much stable now. :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Did you buy one? I purchased mine the end of January and overall I like this tablet with some caveats slooooow charging hope that changes with the pogo charger or dock to be intro later. Battery life depends on what your using and of course the brightness of the screen. The biggest problem so far for me has been the tech support, when they know what they are talking about they are extremely nice and very professional, however when they are lost they start making stuff up & have you jumping through useless hoops, to end up back at square one without a solution, which is what brings me here. :(

thomas mckay

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody tried to use a wifi hard drive with the N10? To me that seems like the best way to compensate for the small / un-expandable storage space.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I just bought one not cheap $199 Seagate goflex pro haven't had a issue with it yet.
Has anybody tried to use a wifi hard drive with the N10? To me that seems like the best way to compensate for the small / un-expandable storage space.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the Seagate Go/Flex as well. It seems to work pretty well. I have used it a few times with my daughter in the car. She love the expanded selection she now has with it. Especially since her galaxy tab 2 7" only has 8GB of internal storage.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
mee too. its very cheap. $2 with free shipping
That too. Plus flash drives are getting cheap as well. Boxing Day weekend at Futureshop I got a 32GB drive for 20 bucks. There ya go, 22 bucks and there goes the internal storage issue people insist on complaining about. Instead of whining about why Google doesn't fix these imagined problems, people should find their own solution instead of being idiots about it which I have done. Now I just need to research how to make it work, cause I guess I still need to pay for an app for it to work.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Not to beat a dead horse but yes bigger storage options would be good and right off the bat. Between recording our own videos at an HD setting, and the size of files for some games, you can run out of space on these things. HTC has finally figured it out with the HTC One offering 32gb & 64gb variants. A good compromise when you aren't going to go the micro sd route by manufacturers. Too many times has the small version come out with the promise to have larger storage versions coming out after which ends up taking months.

And I too use the flash drive option every now and then just a bit more to have to carry around which im not the biggest fan of. I've rooted my device so finding an app is much easier. heck in one custom rom the developer added native functionality into his rom so no app needed.
The good news at least they went 16/32 and not 8/16. so a small flaw not a major flaw.

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Really shouldn't knock the GoFlex wifi devices to much if you haven't tried it. They are a really slick devices. The current one provides 1TB of storage, around 3-5 hours of power for wireless access, DLNA compliant, and accessiable via WIFI with a app to download, upload, and stream meadia. I am not sure about the newest version of it, but mine came with a Power adapter for my car. It is a great option to stream content for multiple devices and such.

I have a OTG cable as well. But it is far from perfect. First it either requires root or app to mount the media from it, and isn't writeable unless you are rooted. Plus then you have the issue of not being able to share the contents if you want to. Limited storage capacity based on what ever flash drive size you get.

It is really a bit about use case right. If it is just me I could be ok with the OTG cable, though not really keen on it dangling on the side, but once I consider my daughter there isn't any question.

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 10 has slight light bleeding on its lower right and right side of the tablet.

Will it get any worse? do i have to return it and ask for a new one?

I spent 25,000 Pesos on this and this is actually my first tablet..

I hate that I get to get the Unit with the bleeding issue.. can anyone unburden my thoughts

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have used up to a terra byte drive on the usb connector. Groove Ip is for internet free phone calls via Google Voice. I like the screen, easy on the eyes. Battery life is about a day unless you are watching one movie after another (2 or 3 would be about it without plugging in.)
"Tablet-optimized apps" is false; used to be true. On an Android 'tablet optimized' doesn't mean much other than doesn't force portrait mode when opened. Too many apps do as developers don't read the Android documentation very well. Android screens scale to the device ok if allowed to. There are an awful lot of apps; some good some bad. you can choose from more apps than in IOS if that matters to you for some reason.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If you intend to use Skype DO NOT buy a Nexus 10, otherwise it is great.

Why do you say that? Because of the mike issue you mentioned a couple of posts up? I've had no problem with Skype on mine. And nobody's ever said, hey, your voice sounds crappy, I can't understand/hear you, etc. Maybe there is an issue with the mike on your N10. How is it when you record video?

The only issue I have with my N10 is the light bleed, but I believe that's endemic due to the flexible body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel