Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photosphere Phreaking out

All of the sudden, I attempted to use Photosphere on my N10 and the 3D grid is doing barrel rolls uncontrollably. I shut down, restarted and the same thing happened. It's as if the gyro or whatever sensor is not working, whatever it is it prevents me from taking a Photosphere.

Completely stock, any ideas?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Photosphere Phreaking out

Here's what it's doing:

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

This is definitely a gyroscope problem. I downloaded Android Sensor Box and the gyro cube spins just like photosphere. Weird thing is that I can play Need For Speed and it works fine. I downloaded GPS Status and followed the calibrate procedure which fixes the spinning, until I reboot.

I know a factory reset is probably in order but I really don't want to spend 90 minutes setting it all up again, losing my name progress etc.

I had a similar problem with my Nexus 10. Photosphere worked great until one day the grid began to drift around and could not sync dot and circle. In the event it did start taking pictures the frames were grossly misaligned. Called Google device support, worked a few things e.g. clearing cache/data, no help. Ended up doing the factory reset and so far Photosphere is back to normal. I will try reinstalling apps and see if the problem recurs. This seems to eliminate a hardware issue with the N10, I hope...