Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Play music sync issue

I have the galaxy nexus as my phone and so when I purchased my nexus 10 I expected all the music to sync across to my nexus 10 (and vice versa) but it does not. Does anyone know what can be done about this?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Play music sync issue

I have the same problem between Droid RAZR maxx hd and nexus 10

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What music service are you using? I use Google Music. I have it all in the cloud on Google Music. I have had my Droid4 since launch day in February & started using Google Music when I got it. When I got my N10 & activated it with my GMail all my music was available to play on my N10 right away.
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Are you using Google Music or some other Player? If it is music bought from the Play store and you are trying to play it with another player, you will have problems.

If you store any of the music locally, so you can play when you don't have cloud access, where does Google music player store the music? I can't find it using file manager, even if I show hidden files.

Never mind - I see in another Android forum that apparently Google buries and renames the files so another music player can't find them, which is why I was asking in the first place. Seems strange they would do this - how very Apple of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Day View Post
    Never mind - I see in another Android forum that apparently Google buries and renames the files so another music player can't find them, which is why I was asking in the first place. Seems strange they would do this - how very Apple of them.
    Keep in mind caching the music on your device for offline play is different than downloading the files you purchase from the Google Music store.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

True. But it's much easier to buy and sync offline than buy and download. Especially with their two download limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Day View Post
    True. But it's much easier to buy and sync offline than buy and download. Especially with their two download limit.
    downloading in music manager is unlimited

downloading in music manager is unlimited
    Only if you download your entire library. The 2 download limit is for individual songs, albums, etc.