Play music sync issue

CovJohn123

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the galaxy nexus as my phone and so when I purchased my nexus 10 I expected all the music to sync across to my nexus 10 (and vice versa) but it does not. Does anyone know what can be done about this?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
What music service are you using? I use Google Music. I have it all in the cloud on Google Music. I have had my Droid4 since launch day in February & started using Google Music when I got it. When I got my N10 & activated it with my GMail all my music was available to play on my N10 right away.

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you using Google Music or some other Player? If it is music bought from the Play store and you are trying to play it with another player, you will have problems.

Thomas Day

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
If you store any of the music locally, so you can play when you don't have cloud access, where does Google music player store the music? I can't find it using file manager, even if I show hidden files.

Thomas Day

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Never mind - I see in another Android forum that apparently Google buries and renames the files so another music player can't find them, which is why I was asking in the first place. Seems strange they would do this - how very Apple of them.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Never mind - I see in another Android forum that apparently Google buries and renames the files so another music player can't find them, which is why I was asking in the first place. Seems strange they would do this - how very Apple of them.

Keep in mind caching the music on your device for offline play is different than downloading the files you purchase from the Google Music store.