Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: My thoughts on the Nexus 10, coming from the iPad 3...

Certain apps are just plain crappy, doesn't matter what OS like FB, YouTube, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

The iPad 4 is faster by far on most benchmarks. Check the Anandtech benchmarks.
    The iPad 4 has much better build quality and the screen has noticeably better color and contrast. The slight difference in res and ppi are just there for Google marketing materials but make no difference in real world use. Color and contrast does though.
    Apple provides much better support and far better quality control.
    Apps aren't even close, Android is far behind in in tablet apps.
    The Nexus 10 is sold at cost, the iPad 4 is easily worth $100 more when you take the above into account. Same with the iPad Mini vs the Nexus 7. Ask yourself why google has to sell these devices at cost.

That is contrary to what the majority of developers who code in both iOS and Android think. I'd say you know either nothing or very little about iOS development to make this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by cpc464freak View Post
    You make this statement with no real justification.

As an iOS and Android developer, my own experience is that their is no comparison, Android is miles ahead IMHO. The open-source aspect of the development process together with not being forced(Apple hardware and XCode) to use certain hardware and software to compile your projects is a relief to put it mildly.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mm625 View Post
    Also: has anyone noticed how much of a fingerprint magnet this is? I mean, it looks like I handled it with multiple pieces of bacon whenever I use it for longer than a few minutes. I'm not sure if there is an oleophobic coating on the glass.
    I honestly don't know what you are talking about. The first thing I noticed about the N10 was how resistant it was to fingerprinting. It is orders of magnitude better in that regard than my Xoom was...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snookasnoo View Post
    The iPad 4 is faster by far on most benchmarks. [...]
    OMG, it is the famous trolling "snookasnoo" again. Please go away and get a clue. You have been warned by a Moderator before and don't seem to be getting the message.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quit trolling snookasnoo. This isn't your first time to be told. If you have anything relevant based on personal experience, feel free to share it. If you just want to regurgitate things you've heard at other venues, go back to them.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 2:
    crxssi likes this.

Just got mine. Few things I love about it:

1. Love the display. I don't know what's going on in the previous posts, but it looks like it's reproducing colors more acurately at higher brightness levels than my iPad 3. At least the autobrightness isn't aggressively dark like my N7.

2. This is the first Android device I've had that can connect to my router at 300 Mbps on 5 GHz WiFi. Really nice to have that.

3. The speed at which graphics are rendered is astonishing. I sort of test s with various Google Earth locations. Loads and renders super fast.

4. Huzzah for front facing speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Small_law View Post
    Just got mine. Few things I love about it:

1. Love the display. I don't know what's going on in the previous posts, but it looks like it's reproducing colors more acurately at higher brightness levels than my iPad 3. At least the autobrightness isn't aggressively dark like my N7.

2. This is the first Android device I've had that can connect to my router at 300 Mbps on 5 GHz WiFi. Really nice to have that.

3. The speed at which graphics are rendered is astonishing. I sort of test s with various Google Earth locations. Loads and renders super fast.

4. Huzzah for front facing speakers.
    I forgot:

5. Haptic feedback. First time I've had it on a tablet. Really nice.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12