How good is the kindle app for Nexus 10?

Bafridge

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello, i am interesting in getting a Nexus 10 because i want to be able to read textbooks and im worried that 7 inch tablet screens will not be big enough to accurately display graphs, diagrams, etc.
Most of the books i am interesting in buying are available at amazon via kindle edition and so i was wondering how good the kindle app is for the Nexus 10.
If there are any other options i am unaware of, please let me know. I just want to be able to view textbooks and possibly pdfs.

Thank you for any advice.

davrow

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's what I use - I find it just as good as my Kindle (well, better, actually).
It does not support "full immersion" with audible books - but you don't want that for textbooks and PDFs anyway.

I love the bigger screen for reading.

davrow

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
True, but I read in bed at night, so just plug it in while using it. Often had to do that with my Kindle, too - just less frequently.

Bafridge

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
How long does the battery last when just reading?

Also, can you make the font size small to fit more on the screen and better replicate what a real textbook looks like because of the bigger page size?

Thanks again for all advice

Last edited:

Bafridge

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Also, can you make the font size small to take advantage of the big screen and fit more on the screen to replicate a real textbook?

Thanks again for the help :)

lbgator

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I have used my 10 mostly for internet and TV watching and I am getting 10 plus hours a charge. Just for reading I would imagine you'd get much more.