Nexus 7 .vs Nexus 10

fargleblargen

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Have an N7 and love it! Can anyone that has both an N7 and N10 give me a comparison review regarding keyboard responsiveness, application switching, graphics performance and anything else that you feel is relevant?

I really want to get another and am leaning toward N10. However I want to be sure I'll be just as impressed with it as I am with my N7.

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to my N10!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Have an N7 and love it! Can anyone that has both an N7 and N10 give me a comparison review regarding keyboard responsiveness, application switching, graphics performance and anything else that you feel is relevant?

I really want to get another and am leaning toward N10. However I want to be sure I'll be just as impressed with it as I am with my N7.

Thanks everyone!

I have used both and own the N10. There is really no comparison. The Nexus 10 is a beast- it has twice the memory, twice the CPU power, four times the resolution, twice the screen size, twice the graphics power, twice the number of cameras, twice the resolution and clarity of the front facing camera, twice the speakers.... and twice the price :) If you are happy with the N7, you will be at least twice as happy with the N10.... it is just not as portable.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have used an N7 quite a bit, I own an N10. If you don't mind the size difference, the N10 will not disappoint. It is a top spec tablet that has performance to match. It is super fast in every way. Even with several apps running in the back ground it performs excellent. Everyone that has used mine is super impressed with it. Even my friend, the Apple Fanboy. Even though he will never admit it, he has tablet envy. He has the newest iPad. His is nice, but the N10 does so much more with 4.2 and all its features. Plus widgets are great on the N10 with the big screen & 2 gigs of RAM, you can go widget crazy!

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I can see to buy a 7 instead of a 10 (other than the form factor) is that the Nexus 7 has the ability to support mobile networking (like a cell phone) whereas the Nexus 10 does not. The 10 only has a wifi connection.

You probably already know this from reading the various reviews of the two products, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If I had to get rid of the N7 or the N10, the 7 would be the one to go. The 10 is much better and not just because of the speakers, screen, processed etc. The 10 has an HDMI output, and I use that daily, for watch in YouTube video on my big screen TV. I also use it when running emulators.
Rear camera I could do without, I don't really see myself using either camera on the 10 at all. That's what I have a Cannon T4i for. Video chat programs/being on a webcam just gives me the creeps.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
We have two N7's and one N10. The kids use the N7's, the 10 is mine. Totally different experience IMO. The 7 almost feels like a toy after I've been on the 10.

mpmilestogo

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I have both and enjoy each. The nexus 7 is really great for those on the go moments. I could see packing it up and traveling internationally with it. I traveled before with a xoom wifi and was quite happy. Went to Singapore, India, and Japan. The form factor of the 7 seems so well suited to how I travel which is very light with no checked bags.

The Nexus 10 to me will get much better as some of the stability issues are solved. Right now though it's processor power, wonderful screen size, and specs make a great couch tablet. I watch movies on it and I could see where it could be a great media creation device where the 7 seems good at the consumption stuff.

As time goes on i will refine my use cases but I could see at some point being done with my Ubuntu laptop and using either the 7 or 10.

Just my thoughts though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I currently own both... However, my nexus 10 is just a beast. I really have nothing else to say other than just a different tablet all together. One thing is for sure, the nexus 10 is the fastest android out there, hands down.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have both. For some reason lately I've been finding the N10 a bit more buggy. While I prefer the N10 its hard to hate the N7 at its price point I have no regrets buying the N7, I'm on the fence with the N10.

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I've used the N10 and considered buying one, but for the way I use a tablet size and portability are more important than pixel count and RAM so I wound up getting the N7. When I get up to something the size of an N10 or iPad, I'd just as soon use my laptop. The lack of a good 7" tablet on the market until the N7 came along is what kept me from buying a tablet for years. I wouldn't consider any non-Nexus Android device.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I've used the N10 and considered buying one, but for the way I use a tablet size and portability are more important than pixel count and RAM

And speakers, and performance, and stereo, and rear camera, and storage, and (etc, etc).

so I wound up getting the N7. When I get up to something the size of an N10 or iPad, I'd just as soon use my laptop

Not me. Laptops are heavy, big, thick, and have poor battery life. For some types of consumption (light web use, reading, video watching, casual games), a large tablet can be very much superior to any laptop/notebook.

The lack of a good 7" tablet on the market until the N7 came along is what kept me from buying a tablet for years. I wouldn't consider any non-Nexus Android device.

There are several good 7" tablets before and close to the N7 that even have better specs (especially storage, SD card, stereo, more memory). There are only two things that make the N7 the great consideration over the other 7" ones- very low price and the latest pure Android. And those are important. I am just stressing that there is great room for improvement on the N7 (even if it costs a bit more). It is too bad the pure Android has to come at a cost- not having the best reasonable specs as a model option.

jasonbird

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I have both them and I tend to use the n10 around the house and now nearly exclusively for watching movies because of the better screen and forward speakers. If I'm going out and about, I take the n7 just cause it's more portable and fits in my pocket. I have used the camera on the n10 and its decent in well lighted applications. I'd hate to have to choose one or the other.

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
And speakers, and performance, and stereo, and rear camera, and storage, and (etc, etc).

Of course. I've love to have better speakers. The rest I don't care about. I never use the cameras on my tablet. Performance? Well I can play all the games I want to on the N7, I'm not sure what more performance would do for me. Maybe if I had an app that could really benefit from it. As far as the UI smoothness goes, well an iPad is still going to be smoother and more responsive than an Android tablet, I don't care how many cores or ghz you throw at it.

Not me. Laptops are heavy, big, thick, and have poor battery life. For some types of consumption (light web use, reading, video watching, casual games), a large tablet can be very much superior to any laptop/notebook.

I guess it depends on how you use a device. I'm not saying I wouldn't use an N10, I'm sure I would and I'd really like it. It's just that the last time I had a larger tablet like that, I found that more often than not, I left it at home. It didn't get used nearly as much as I use my N7 because I grab the N7 and go without even thinking about it. I just can't see spending the money on a tablet if all I would do with it is use it at home, which is what I'd do. I guess It also helps that I have a very light laptop that gets pretty great battery life (MacBook Air i7)

There are several good 7" tablets before and close to the N7 that even have better specs (especially storage, SD card, stereo, more memory). There are only two things that make the N7 the great consideration over the other 7" ones- very low price and the latest pure Android. And those are important. I am just stressing that there is great room for improvement on the N7 (even if it costs a bit more). It is too bad the pure Android has to come at a cost- not having the best reasonable specs as a model option.

Yeah... not so much. First of all any tablet that's not Nexus is a no go for me. I won't touch any non-Nexus Android device. I find that the crappy OEM skins add nothing positive to the experience and they prevent you from future updates. I'm not sure what other 7" Android tablets you know of that have better specs than the N7. As far as storage, 32 GB is more than enough for me, I don't care about SD card slots. Never did. I don't carry 64 GB of movies around with me. Stereo... I'm not sure what you mean? Speakers? I agree the N7's speakers could be better, but since I'm using headphones 90% of the time it's not a huge dealbreaker for me. There is almost nothing that would convince me to buy a non-Nexus Android device. I have no interest in rooting or tweaking. I'm one of those weird people who thinks stuff should function at it's best right out of the box and in the Android world, Nexus devices seem to be the only thing that do. Everything else comes with unacceptable compromises.

Again, I think the N10 is awesome. I just know my past experience. When I had a Toshiba Thrive 10.1" it got used maybe 25% as much as my Nexus 7 does because I just didn't want to take it along with me. On an airplane or in a crowded place, a 7" tablet is perfect, easy to tote, doesn't get in the way. Not so big that everyone in the room can peek over and read your email.

I would love an N10 more for watching movies in bed because of the bigger screen and nicer speakers. That's it. Anywhere else the size would work against me. I just can't spend $500 to watch movies in bed. LOL. If money was no object though, you can be sure I would have an N10 and an N7!

Clendi

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Unless a the new motarola nexus is dropping soon, ya have Def convinced me to buy the nexus 10, tank u.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
In my mind, it's almost like comparing apples and oranges.

I think the first thing you need to decide on is form factor -- do you want a smaller, more portable 7" tablet, or a larger, full-sized 10" tablet? All other specs aside, I think that size, first and foremost, should be where a person starts to compare models. Once you've answered that question, then it's just a matter of comparing EITHER the N7 or the N10 to other comparable tablets of that size.

If peripheral options such as SD card support and other stuff like that are important, the Nexus line may not be for you...otherwise I don't think you can go wrong with either device -- both are a great deal for what they offer.

As someone who has owned both, I agree the difference between the N10 and the N7 is night and day, and I actually gave my N7 to my brother-in-law because I didn't need it any more once I got the 10" tablet. The Nexus 10 is a better product than the N7 IMO, but I think that it's supposed to be. On the other hand, those shopping for the N7 should be those people who either (a) want the smaller form factor or (b) are shopping on a budget but still want a great tablet. Once you take price out of the equation, I think the only advantage the N7 has is it's portability, otherwise I go Nexus 10 all day.

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I like to use the Nexus 10 for day to day home browsing. I rarely use my laptop now.
I just ordered a nexus 7 and I'll be using it for my work commute on the metro. I felt that the nexus 10 was too big each time i pulled it out of my backpack.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000