eBooks, PDF's, Calibre and sideloading with the Nexus 10

EmJayStevens

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello, i am really interested in buying a Nexus 10, but only on the condition that i can easily view textbooks in either ebook or pdf format. How well can the Nexus 10 handle this? Does Calibre work with the Nexus 10? How well do books look on the Nexus 10? Is it easy to see diagrams and charts and such. I am a bit new to all of this, so any help would be appreciated.
Thank you kindly.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Calibre actually runs on your PC, I don't know if there is a mac version. What it does is converts PDF and ebook files to the correct folder for your ebook reader on your Nexus 10. Now as for what readers use which format here is what I know. Kindle uses the .mobi format, and the nook app uses epub. I believe both will read PDF files. After you use Calibre to convert an epub to mobi for example you would then connect your N10 to your pc/mac and then transfer the complete converted file to the kindle folder. then open the kindle app and you should be able to read the book.

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
There are NOOK, KINDLE, and BOOKS apps for Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and Google PLAY respectively. A good PDF app is ezPDF reader. With over 700,000 apps in the play store I'm sure you can find one you like to read your ebooks.