Lock rotation does not work in Nexus 10 Youtube app ?

nexxus10

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
When I use right pulldown menu to select Lock rotation , it works in app like Chrome; however, Lock rotation does not work in Youtube app meaning the app still switches landscape/portrait based on the orientation of the device.
Do you experience this issue too ?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
If it is locked in portrait before launching the app, channel feed remains locked in portrait until I select a video to play at which point, within the app, orientation lock seems to be undone. I say within the app becuas IF I select recent apps it shows then locked in portrait. The same thing happens if i start locked in landscaped [with recent apps locked in landscape]

nexxus10

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I shall say this is a bug ? In short lock rotation does not work in Youtube, eg, when watching vid (not maximized view), there is no way to lock it in landscape.
If you find it otherwise, PLEASE let me know.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I would say it's a bug but I would think that is a bug with the YouTube app because both are made by Google so it seems to me Google has chosen to remove the lock screen feature from the YouTube app. Which I guess makes it a feature

Engwar Elf

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Try an app called perfect app protector. It does many things, and most importantly it has an option for single app rotation lock. I only use it for youtube rotation lock. It also has password protection for apps, but I don't use that. I tried a few other rotation lock apps which ended up messing with the behaviour of other apps, and I ended up un installing them. This app was great because you can choose to edit the rotation settings of one app only (or as many as you like) leaving the other apps unharmed (unlike the global rotation lock apps). The only problem with perfect app protector right now is a bug that kills the rotation lock if you minimize youtube then come back to it again. I commented it about it in the play store review though, and I'm hopeful they will fix it in an update. If you find a similar/better app, let me know :)

Edit: Actually, after using this app for a while, I found it to be very glitchy, and full of bugs. They really need to clean this app up, in theory it's the perfect app.. So anyway, I un installed it, and I'm back to square 1. All we really need is a rotation lock app that works on the apps we choose only, rather than work globally. I found a couple other apps that have the same youtube rotation problem.. One of them is video editor, forgot what the other one was. Ughh.. So annoying really.

Last edited: