Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By derobert
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does the US Nexus 10 support Danish language and Danish input keyboard?

Just called the Google Play store to ask if the US Nexus 10 supports Danish language and a Danish input keyboard. They thought so but were not sure!
    So......I am reaching out to this forum for help before I buy.
    Thank you
    KJ

Default Re: Does the US Nexus 10 support Danish language and Danish input keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Morfar Sveder View Post
    Just called the Google Play store to ask if the US Nexus 10 supports Danish language and a Danish input keyboard. They thought so but were not sure!
    So......I am reaching out to this forum for help before I buy.
    Thank you
    Just checked. Danish is listed as one of the input languages on the stock keyboard.

Edit: I think the system language may be limited to English. I don't see where to change it.

Default Re: Does the US Nexus 10 support Danish language and Danish input keyboard?

default android keyboard support danish. here is how to get it.

go to settings-->language and input--> click settings icon on the right of "Android keyboard"-->input languages-->uncheck "use system language"
    then check danish in the below list.

now when you start using the keyboard touch on the tab bar or the globe icon on keyboard. it will prompt to download and install danish language to keyboard (in notification).

download and install. its done.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

great thanks for checking!

It's under settings, Language & Input. Changing "Language" (the first setting) changes the system language. I quickly switched to one of the non-English ones, and it appears to work; can't be completely sure as I don't speak it...
    KJ likes this.