Nexus 10 Locking Up & Rebooting

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I got my wife the Nexus 10 for Christmas. It is very nice, and she likes it a good bit. (Of course, she wouldn't really know if it was an iPad other than the layout probably.) The problem is it has started locking up and rebooting on a semi regular basis. It actually started doing this on the first day. No set pattern, but more often she is browsing with Chrome. I know this is a known issue after researching it even before my purchase, but I was hoping these were rare occurrences.

I really wonder why this is even tolerated given you can't get closer to raw Google than this device. Disappointing she has to deal with this until a "fix" is released. I have no issues with my Nexus 7. I wish the same was true of her Nexus 10.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
well, it seems to be an issue with some devices but i have no issues what so ever. I have a feeling that this is happening when you update your OS after using it.

thats why i switched on my nexus 10 when i first got it. didn't login with gmail id. updated to latest OS. factory rest and then logged in. not a single issue so far.

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
well, it seems to be an issue with some devices but i have no issues what so ever. I have a feeling that this is happening when you update your OS after using it.

thats why i switched on my nexus 10 when i first got it. didn't login with gmail id. updated to latest OS. factory rest and then logged in. not a single issue so far.

No, I did (as I always do with new devices) the the exact same thing you did before I ever logged in.

This is a known issue. I just did not expect to be one of them. I have no doubt the majority ( which you are obviously a part) do not have an issue, but it does not change my disappointment and frustration.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my wife the Nexus 10 for Christmas. It is very nice, and she likes it a good bit. (Of course, she wouldn't really know if it was an iPad other than the layout probably.) The problem is it has started locking up and rebooting on a semi regular basis. It actually started doing this on the first day. No set pattern, but more often she is browsing with Chrome. I know this is a known issue after researching it even before my purchase, but I was hoping these were rare occurrences.

I really wonder why this is even tolerated given you can't get closer to raw Google than this device. Disappointing she has to deal with this until a "fix" is released. I have no issues with my Nexus 7. I wish the same was true of her Nexus 10.

The temporary fix seems to be disabling location services (maybe even just GPS). I've read that Google is planning a fix, but who knows.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

I have Nexus 10 and having a same issues as you.... Recently it happened less often.... I waiting for 4.2.2 update to fix this problem.....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888