Notes apps and Tasks Apps and Calendar apps, Oh My!

jberryj17

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Morning, all.

I am needing masssive help in getting my notes and tasks into some kind of logical,sensical order that will (hopefully can be set to automatically) sync across my Nexus 10, Samsung Galaxy S@ phone and my PC.I feel like I have tried a million apps, but I was either too stupid to use them, or they were just inane and unsuitable for my needs. Synchronization across objecrs is really a must.

The problem is that I take a LOT of notes and create a lot of tasks. I've always been a big note-taker, so when I used my PC as my main device, I would just save notes in Notepad, or .txt file--so I've got a ton of those files on my PC/flash drive.Ideally, there would be some way to import all these files into whichever new app is recommended, where they could then be sortable/searchable.

As for tasks,again it would be cool if there was an app for both notes and tasks, but it's mot at all necessary--I want the best, easiest-to-use, most intuitive apps.:)

I have tried using the regular "Tasks' app, but it's really not very functional for me. I need the ability to create multiplr lists, to put the same entry on multiple lists, a way to move tasks back and forth between lists, and most importantly the ability to send individdual tasks, as well as whole lists, to another person---and have that person interact with it--like check it off as complete and have that change the task on my list to complete, and be able to edit or revise it and also have that reflectedd on my list.

Also--is there a better Calendar app than the one very basic one that links with your Google account?That one is just so clunky and the reminders are driving me insane!! I don't need anything fancy, just the ability to create appointments that will update to both mine and another user's calendar in reasonably 'real-time' (we could both download another app, or is there a better/more intuitive one that works w// Google?)

With any apps suggested, it would be nice if they are pretty easy to learn,, or if there are good instructiions simply because I just don't have too much time to learn intricacies.:)Appearance is also a big plus--I'm so tired of the basic blue and white of the gooogle tasks and calendar that I want to scream!!:(

Anyway, the more intuitive, innovative, creative and fun, the better--I do so love shiny new objects to play with!!:)

Thanks in advance for the help, and as always, links would be GREATLY appreciated!
--J

jberryj17

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for not clarifying--yes, that is what I have been using, but it simply doesn't have all the capabilities I need. :( I tried to list above the criteria I am looking for, but let me know if I need to detail further. Thank you for the reply!:(

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Morning, all.

I am needing masssive help in getting my notes and tasks into some kind of logical,sensical order that will (hopefully can be set to automatically) sync across my Nexus 10, Samsung Galaxy S@ phone and my PC.I feel like I have tried a million apps, but I was either too stupid to use them, or they were just inane and unsuitable for my needs. Synchronization across objecrs is really a must.

The problem is that I take a LOT of notes and create a lot of tasks. I've always been a big note-taker, so when I used my PC as my main device, I would just save notes in Notepad, or .txt file--so I've got a ton of those files on my PC/flash drive.Ideally, there would be some way to import all these files into whichever new app is recommended, where they could then be sortable/searchable.

As for tasks,again it would be cool if there was an app for both notes and tasks, but it's mot at all necessary--I want the best, easiest-to-use, most intuitive apps.:)

I have tried using the regular "Tasks' app, but it's really not very functional for me. I need the ability to create multiplr lists, to put the same entry on multiple lists, a way to move tasks back and forth between lists, and most importantly the ability to send individdual tasks, as well as whole lists, to another person---and have that person interact with it--like check it off as complete and have that change the task on my list to complete, and be able to edit or revise it and also have that reflectedd on my list.

Also--is there a better Calendar app than the one very basic one that links with your Google account?That one is just so clunky and the reminders are driving me insane!! I don't need anything fancy, just the ability to create appointments that will update to both mine and another user's calendar in reasonably 'real-time' (we could both download another app, or is there a better/more intuitive one that works w// Google?)

With any apps suggested, it would be nice if they are pretty easy to learn,, or if there are good instructiions simply because I just don't have too much time to learn intricacies.:)Appearance is also a big plus--I'm so tired of the basic blue and white of the gooogle tasks and calendar that I want to scream!!:(

Anyway, the more intuitive, innovative, creative and fun, the better--I do so love shiny new objects to play with!!:)

Thanks in advance for the help, and as always, links would be GREATLY appreciated!
--J

I use Astrid tasks. It has a nice widget and you can sync with an online Astrid account from all of your devices. I don't use most of the features, but you can share tasks with others and tag them for different lists. Check out Astrid.com before you buy the app.

For notes I use OfficeSuite and Dropbox. I create a word doc on Dropbox for each committee or project and update from the Nexus. I like Dropbox as the documents are also available from my desktop.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for not clarifying--yes, that is what I have been using, but it simply doesn't have all the capabilities I need. :( I tried to list above the criteria I am looking for, but let me know if I need to detail further. Thank you for the reply!:(

the reason why i asked is because you said " I need the ability to create multiplr lists, to put the same entry on multiple lists, a way to move tasks back and forth between lists"

with tasks you can create multiple lists and move the task back and forth. maybe you didnt figure out how to do that.

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You can choose whether or not the stock calender gives you a reminder or not for an event or task

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae