Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 84
Like Tree75Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Its true but the world is crazy about resolutions. Thats why 4k is being pushed hard at CES. We should just have 3 standers on tablets. 720p, 1080p, 2k. Never half to go higher than those.
  2. #52  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    Here is my current homescreen:

    Sent from my brand new Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Looks very cool. I spent the evening doing a custom design. I made a custom background in photoshop based on a design I saw on Mycolorscreen. Still working on it but all the text links open folders. And the X opens the app drawer. I have gesture swipe commands for my Dialer.
    spread this too every apple fan you know!-uploadfromtaptalk1357803967377.jpg

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    ConTejas, anonuk and spyderrc10gt2 like this.
  3. #53  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
    Well my friend.. 1st things 1st..
    The Screenshot I took of my iPad's "Google" folder is NOT Google apps from a 3rd party.
    They are Google Apps for iOS.. that I downloaded in the Apple App Store.. Here is a shot of what the opening screen shows if you click the blue/white "Google" icon..



    I think Google's trademark colors speak for themself.. this is "Official" Google on my iPad my friend..When you click the Mic Icon, You get Google Now... :-)

    That's good that you have all the Apps you need and they are scaled properly on your Prime.. Because most Apps for Android Tablets are just blownup (2x) phone Apps.
    After dealing with a Nexus-10 I ( Thank Gawd ) returned due to lightbleed and only having about 15 Tablet Optimized Apps that I wanted, I so enjoy have 275,000+ to choose from that I know the Developers created Specifically for my iPad Tablet.
    You don't know what Google now is if you think you just click that mic. Its not just voice Google search.
    Thanked by 2:
  4. #54  
    whiteshadow001's Avatar

    Posts
    1,193 Posts
    ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
    IPhone? No Way!!

    Love My Galaxy Note 1...

    Apple just makes Superior Tablets.. and the ecosystem is supported by everyone in the industry.. First.

    Support by the industry for the most part for Android (Tablets) is barely present.. App Development for Android (Tablets) just is not there.. Android is treated like the Unwanted Step-Child. Another post a few lines up said I was "Pulling Numbers Out My ***"
    Sorry if the Truth hurts.. But I was not.. There really are 275,000+ Tablet Optimized Apps for the iPad.. and just a handful for Android. and ZERO Apps with a checkbox to enable the App to run at the 2560*1600 resolution of the Nexus-10..

    That's a Fact.

    But all that aside.. you know what the Real Killer is ?
    Google, Google Now, +, Maps, Translate, Earth,Voice, Chrome, Drive and all the rest.. run on iOS.. And run SMOOTHER & QUICKER than they do on Android's own platform..



    In Closing.. Am I a "FANBOY" You Bet!!!

    A Fanboy of BOTH Android AND Apple.. Because I can have the BEST that Google offers running on an iOS Platform & Tablet that is simply Flawless..

    Truely the Very Best of both Worlds.
    The iPad is nowhere near flawless. IOS is becoming dated by the day. People are starting to see that android is not only a good smartphone platform but also great on tablets. Android is catching up in sales and market share on tablets. Oh and your special Google apps run much better on my nexus 7 & 10, I own an iPad 4 BTW and it sits in the corner by itself. I like the iPad don't get me wrong its great and all and I can see why people like it. Just don't be ignorant and says it flawless and magical because it isn't. Its now just another tablet.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  5. #55  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    To be honest, I'm just excited about what's coming out this year after seeing CES! Tegra 4, new Qualcomm chips, better screens, flexible screens etc.

    I've got one thing to say: Watch out Apple!

    Sent from my Nexus 7
    Last edited by TomsAndroid; 01-10-2013 at 03:42 AM.
    Thanked by:
  6. #56  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    EDIT: Accidental post :-)

    TOM
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Can some people just calm down. I didn't make this post ridiculously pro android. You can make a snarky comment like ibrick, but not apple suck, apple diss diss diss. The only problem apple has is poor business practices and ios needs more creativity. I love my Nexus 10 and I've tried ios products. I like Android because it felt like a me experience. I find apple is more business, not creative so i find their products boring. And android does advertise their tablet apps. The have made sections like: large screen perfection, tablet optimized, ect... And now that Android is pushing out higher Gpu's, and Cpu's with more HD screens and with CES going on announcing product after product, developers will have no choice but to make better tablet games and push updates or else they won't make any money.
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  8. #58  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Retina is nothing more than marketing crap. It's more of a relative equation based on DPI and average viewing distance. These issues won't matter as screen tech improves in actuality the nexus 10 would qualify as the so called "magic number" is 300dpi but can go lower based on distance and screen size.

    Technically my skyrocket at its 240dpi could qualify depending on how far I hold it away.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the info, but you are preaching to the choir. You don't have to tell me that the Retina is a gimmick. However, when talking to Apple Disciples, you have to speak to them differently and almost fuel their "apple arrogance" because if you don't specifically address each gimmick, their response will be nothing more than dwelling on said gimmick.
  9. #59  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    Can some people just calm down. I didn't make this post ridiculously pro android. You can make a snarky comment like ibrick, but not apple suck, apple diss diss diss. The only problem apple has is poor business practices and ios needs more creativity. I love my Nexus 10 and I've tried ios products. I like Android because it felt like a me experience. I find apple is more business, not creative so i find their products boring. And android does advertise their tablet apps. The have made sections like: large screen perfection, tablet optimized, ect... And now that Android is pushing out higher Gpu's, and Cpu's with more HD screens and with CES going on announcing product after product, developers will have no choice but to make better tablet games and push updates or else they won't make any money.
    While Apple is not the right product for me, I acknowledge it is the right product for others. For my parents it offers them a secure platform with restrictions that prevent them from "screwing something up" and needing to wait for their son to rescue them with a solution . For my younger Niece and Nephew it is a status symbol as well as a peer compatablility choice. I fully expected my wife to migrate to an iDevice because of her tendancy to be become frustrated with complex electronics. [I was happily shocked on our last outing to the Cell Phone store she rejected th iPhone 5]. There are those for who Apple is the right choice and i am glad that that option is available for them. we should all strive to remember there is no single platform that is the BEST for EVERYONE.

    As for Apple's prominence in the tech blog/news arena. Anecdotally I've heard that a less than positive review results in a type of "Black List" that can get reviewers sites "uninvited" from events and denied access to equipment for hands on reviews. I've heard it said that this "black list" may even prevent acess to extend to 3rd party accessory developers [cased, docks etc] products. To be clear I've never heard/seen clear evidence that proves thsi does infact occur. The closest I've come is how Gizmodo and the gawker sites were treated after the "lost/stolen" iPhone incident.

    Now Real Journalists and Publishers should never allow a manufacturer to affect their reporting based on a potential "Black List", of course Blogging is a grey area that discards the cloak of journalism whenever it suits their fancy.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]
  10. #60  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    While Apple is not the right product for me, I acknowledge it is the right product for others. For my parents it offers them a secure platform with restrictions that prevent them from "screwing something up" and needing to wait for their son to rescue them with a solution . For my younger Niece and Nephew it is a status symbol as well as a peer compatablility choice. I fully expected my wife to migrate to an iDevice because of her tendancy to be become frustrated with complex electronics. [I was happily shocked on our last outing to the Cell Phone store she rejected th iPhone 5]. There are those for who Apple is the right choice and i am glad that that option is available for them. we should all strive to remember there is no single platform that is the BEST for EVERYONE.

    As for Apple's prominence in the tech blog/news arena. Anecdotally I've heard that a less than positive review results in a type of "Black List" that can get reviewers sites "uninvited" from events and denied access to equipment for hands on reviews. I've heard it said that this "black list" may even prevent acess to extend to 3rd party accessory developers [cased, docks etc] products. To be clear I've never heard/seen clear evidence that proves thsi does infact occur. The closest I've come is how Gizmodo and the gawker sites were treated after the "lost/stolen" iPhone incident.

    Now Real Journalists and Publishers should never allow a manufacturer to affect their reporting based on a potential "Black List", of course Blogging is a grey area that discards the cloak of journalism whenever it suits their fancy.
    What we all need is for Android to have iOS's efficiency and fluidness as well as it's apps along with the freedom of Android and we also need Apple's design along with Android's specs and features :-)

    Oh, I wish :-(

    Tom

    Sent from my Nexus 7
  11. #61  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    What we all need is for Android to have iOS's efficiency and fluidness as well as it's apps along with the freedom of Android and we also need Apple's design along with Android's specs and features :-)

    Oh, I wish :-(

    Tom

    Sent from my Nexus 7
    I don't there's nothing in apples design that's nice to me.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
  12. #62  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Whatever the case I am selling my iPhone5 and iPad3 this weekend. Not really using it at all since I have my One X and Nexus7.

    Without Steve Jobs Apple has disappointed me last year. They have all the "attitude" but something is not right.

    Once I find a nice laptop with GeForce 680M that I like then I will sell my Mac too. It was a good run and Steve was awesome but time for me to move on/back to non-Apple stuff.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    ConTejas likes this.
  13. #63  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Thank You.

    I so LOVE to see so many hanging on every word I say...

    MaMa told me I was Special..

    Again.. Thanks!

    Now...
    I'm sorry Android has next to nothing for Tablet Apps.. ( At least Go Launcher has a Tablet Optimized App for you that's somewhat better than the Blown Up Phone App Launcher )
    I'm sorry even with State of the Art Hardware the Nexus-10 studders in games like NFS Most Wanted.. Really I'm Sorry! (If you're here I assume you own one..)
    I'm sorry Developer's don't really care about you when it comes to Developing Tablet Layout Apps.. 275,000 for us iPad Owners and 100 for you... Ouch!
    I'm sorry your Android Tablets are considered 2nd Class Citizens
    I'm sorry I was WRONG.. google now is not available on the iPad..YET.. But, EVERY OTHER GOOGLE APP IS ! Yeay! (Pssst.. And They Run Smoother on the iPad.. OUCH!)

    I'm Not Sorry that I was able to return my Nexus-10 in time to receive my Full Refund and not get Stuck with a ruff edged product..
    I'm Not Sorry that my $500.00 is now vested in a product that is considered the UNDISPUTED Best Tablet on the Market.. The Tablet That Sets The Bar For All Others...
    I'm Not Sorry that even though I own an Android Phone ( Galaxy Note ) I now Swear Allegiance to APPLE's iPad *The ABSOLUTE Leader* of the Tablet World as we know it..

    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY iPad !!!
  14. #64  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Again with the broken record, clearly you didn't see my points or you're clinging to the only point you think you have. It really is sad, please for the sake of any credibility you may have left move on.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  15. #65  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Let's not let this thread get out of control. Feel free to ignore any or all posts. Some people just want the attention.
    Thanked by:
  16. #66  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Consumers don't care about this stuff. What do I care who invented it? If it works and is dependable and affordable I buy it.....if it doesn't then I buy something else....the fact that it is invented is all that matters to the average consumer....I let the lawyers fight over the patent stuff....

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  17. #67  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by nelschroeder View Post
    Consumers don't care about this stuff. What do I care who invented it? If it works and is dependable and affordable I buy it.....if it doesn't then I buy something else....the fact that it is invented is all that matters to the average consumer....I let the lawyers fight over the patent stuff....

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Issue being its not lawyers who make the determination of who's right or wrong. It's us a jury of their peers.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  18. #68  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    I don't there's nothing in apples design that's nice to me.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Likewise. There must be for some people though as that is one of the most mentioned iOS advantages.

    Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
  19. #69  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
    Thank You.

    I so LOVE to see so many hanging on every word I say...

    MaMa told me I was Special..

    Again.. Thanks!

    Now...
    I'm sorry Android has next to nothing for Tablet Apps.. ( At least Go Launcher has a Tablet Optimized App for you that's somewhat better than the Blown Up Phone App Launcher )
    I'm sorry even with State of the Art Hardware the Nexus-10 studders in games like NFS Most Wanted.. Really I'm Sorry! (If you're here I assume you own one..)
    I'm sorry Developer's don't really care about you when it comes to Developing Tablet Layout Apps.. 275,000 for us iPad Owners and 100 for you... Ouch!
    I'm sorry your Android Tablets are considered 2nd Class Citizens
    I'm sorry I was WRONG.. google now is not available on the iPad..YET.. But, EVERY OTHER GOOGLE APP IS ! Yeay! (Pssst.. And They Run Smoother on the iPad.. OUCH!)

    I'm Not Sorry that I was able to return my Nexus-10 in time to receive my Full Refund and not get Stuck with a ruff edged product..
    I'm Not Sorry that my $500.00 is now vested in a product that is considered the UNDISPUTED Best Tablet on the Market.. The Tablet That Sets The Bar For All Others...
    I'm Not Sorry that even though I own an Android Phone ( Galaxy Note ) I now Swear Allegiance to APPLE's iPad *The ABSOLUTE Leader* of the Tablet World as we know it..

    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY iPad !!!
    Come back in a few years and see if all your points are still valid. Android tablets are catching up and quickly!
    Anyway, as far as apps go, you claim to have 275,000 tablet optimized apps... Out of 750,000+ total. Unlike Android, lots of your unoptimized apps are literally blown-up phone apps. 2x... LOL. I think it would be far more accurate if you talked about Android as having scaled-up apps, not blown-up apps. At least our "phone" apps work great.
    Oh and if developers don't care about us, why do I get a new update almost everyday, optimizing the app for tablets?

    Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by 2:
  20. #70  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    Let's not let this thread get out of control. Feel free to ignore any or all posts. Some people just want the attention.
    You're too nice to the trolls :P

    I'm not.
    @Raider Will -- post in this thread again and it will be your last post here at our forums.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  21. #71  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    Come back in a few years and see if all your points are still valid. Android tablets are catching up and quickly!
    Anyway, as far as apps go, you claim to have 275,000 tablet optimized apps... Out of 750,000+ total. Unlike Android, lots of your unoptimized apps are literally blown-up phone apps. 2x... LOL. I think it would be far more accurate if you talked about Android as having scaled-up apps, not blown-up apps. At least our "phone" apps work great.
    Oh and if developers don't care about us, why do I get a new update almost everyday, optimizing the app for tablets?

    Sent from my Nexus 7
    Don't feed the troll bro it will only make him feel better.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
    Thank You.

    I so LOVE to see so many hanging on every word I say...

    MaMa told me I was Special..

    Again.. Thanks!

    Now...
    I'm sorry Android has next to nothing for Tablet Apps.. ( At least Go Launcher has a Tablet Optimized App for you that's somewhat better than the Blown Up Phone App Launcher )
    I'm sorry even with State of the Art Hardware the Nexus-10 studders in games like NFS Most Wanted.. Really I'm Sorry! (If you're here I assume you own one..)
    I'm sorry Developer's don't really care about you when it comes to Developing Tablet Layout Apps.. 275,000 for us iPad Owners and 100 for you... Ouch!
    I'm sorry your Android Tablets are considered 2nd Class Citizens
    I'm sorry I was WRONG.. google now is not available on the iPad..YET.. But, EVERY OTHER GOOGLE APP IS ! Yeay! (Pssst.. And They Run Smoother on the iPad.. OUCH!)

    I'm Not Sorry that I was able to return my Nexus-10 in time to receive my Full Refund and not get Stuck with a ruff edged product..
    I'm Not Sorry that my $500.00 is now vested in a product that is considered the UNDISPUTED Best Tablet on the Market.. The Tablet That Sets The Bar For All Others...
    I'm Not Sorry that even though I own an Android Phone ( Galaxy Note ) I now Swear Allegiance to APPLE's iPad *The ABSOLUTE Leader* of the Tablet World as we know it..

    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY iPad !!!
    Need for speed is a poorly optimized game all together. EA is known for making games and never updating them or abandoning a game after poor reviews. If you saw EA show their NFS game on Samsungs CES unreleased tablet with unreleased processor with 6 times the speed cpu and 2 times the gpu it still stuttered. And this is for the person known as TomsAndroid: Android is plenty efficient. A huge reason why the Nexus 10 gets such bad battery life compared to the ipad is because the ipads battery is over 2,000mah more and Nexus 10 uses the A15 architecture which guzzles battery. Samsung aimed to resolve these to problems somewhere around October possibly even march with up to 80% more efficiency while offering 6 times the speed, if you saw Samsung at CES. Also Android 4.1.2 triple buffers so stating it needs ios fluidness is kind of a android hate shot cause its literally called project butter. And for moderators that have been popping in, I keep making sure these posting have stayed unhatful as possible. Im really good at staying neutral
    Thanked by:
  23. #73  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Don't feed the troll bro it will only make him feel better.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Fair enough, at least I got the last say :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    Need for speed is a poorly optimized game all together. EA is known for making games and never updating them or abandoning a game after poor reviews. If you saw EA show their NFS game on Samsungs CES unreleased tablet with unreleased processor with 6 times the speed cpu and 2 times the gpu it still stuttered. And this is for the person known as TomsAndroid: Android is plenty efficient. A huge reason why the Nexus 10 gets such bad battery life compared to the ipad is because the ipads battery is over 2,000mah more and Nexus 10 uses the A15 architecture which guzzles battery. Samsung aimed to resolve these to problems somewhere around October possibly even march with up to 80% more efficiency while offering 6 times the speed, if you saw Samsung at CES. Also Android 4.1.2 triple buffers so stating it needs ios fluidness is kind of a android hate shot cause its literally called project butter. And for moderators that have been popping in, I keep making sure these posting have stayed unhatful as possible. Im really good at staying neutral
    True, I probably wasn't clear enough when I said efficiency. Maybe fluid was the better word. iOS just FEELS more efficient when scrolling, gaming etc, probably thanks to better optimization.
    As for battery life, this isn't such a big deal for me as most modern devices have enough juice to last me a day of decent use.
    Also, I hate the way EA and Gameloft don't update/optimize! I love most of their games but the lag makes some unbearable.

    Tom

    Sent from my Nexus 7
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Actually Gameloft is really good with updates. They push them out constantly but struggle with the overwhelming number of new devices to support. EA and Sega are known as some of the worst Play store developers cause they just dont care. I do a rule of thumb with them. If a device and Android version has been out at least 3 months before the game is launched then there is a higher probability that the game will work. I also filter reviews by device and version. Ios only feels more efficient because it has alot less work load to handle. Android tries to do it all and they are really good at it, just the user suffer from a few hiccups because of that. But at the same time if they don't implement them as fast as they can, then companies can lay claim to them. Its really hard to write a idea on paper and claim you invented it, but some companies due and get away with it.
    Last edited by Tyler Lietz; 01-11-2013 at 04:49 AM.
  25. #75  

    Default Re: spread this too every apple fan you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    Actually Gameloft is really good with updates. They push them out constantly but struggle with the overwhelming number of new devices to support. EA and Sega are known as some of the worst Play store developers cause they just dont care. I due a rule of thumb with them. If a device and Android version has been out at least 3 months before the game is launched then there is a higher probability that the game will work. I also filter reviews by device and version. Ios only feels more efficient because it has alot less work load to handle. Android tries to do it all and they are really good at it, just the user suffer from a few hiccups because of that. But at the same time if they don't implement them as fast as they can, then companies can lay claim to them. Its really hard to write a idea on paper and claim you invented it, but some companies due and get away with it.
    I agree that Gameloft is nowhere near as bad as EA but you get games like TDKR and Asphalt 7 that are almost too laggy to play. They do update some though such as Wild Blood, which now run smoother.

    I also never download an app before filtering by device. It's saved me a few times.

    Tom

    Sent from my Nexus 7
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you know of a program like this?
    By nanllyn in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 07:46 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 01:03 PM
  3. Did you know you could do this?
    By JHBThree in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 03:31 PM
  4. apple fan would have bought this phone
    By dubge in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 08:37 PM
  5. Do you know this app?
    By DulceSugar in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 02:22 PM

Posting Permissions

B