spread this too every apple fan you know!

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
What we all need is for Android to have iOS's efficiency and fluidness as well as it's apps along with the freedom of Android and we also need Apple's design along with Android's specs and features :)

Oh, I wish :-(

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7

I don't there's nothing in apples design that's nice to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Whatever the case I am selling my iPhone5 and iPad3 this weekend. Not really using it at all since I have my One X and Nexus7.

Without Steve Jobs Apple has disappointed me last year. They have all the "attitude" but something is not right.

Once I find a nice laptop with GeForce 680M that I like then I will sell my Mac too. It was a good run and Steve was awesome but time for me to move on/back to non-Apple stuff.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank You.

I so LOVE to see so many hanging on every word I say...

MaMa told me I was Special..

Again.. Thanks!

Now...
I'm sorry Android has next to nothing for Tablet Apps.. ( At least Go Launcher has a Tablet Optimized App for you that's somewhat better than the Blown Up Phone App Launcher )
I'm sorry even with State of the Art Hardware the Nexus-10 studders in games like NFS Most Wanted.. Really I'm Sorry! (If you're here I assume you own one..)
I'm sorry Developer's don't really care about you when it comes to Developing Tablet Layout Apps.. 275,000 for us iPad Owners and 100 for you... Ouch!
I'm sorry your Android Tablets are considered 2nd Class Citizens
I'm sorry I was WRONG.. google now is not available on the iPad..YET.. But, EVERY OTHER GOOGLE APP IS ! Yeay! (Pssst.. And They Run Smoother on the iPad.. OUCH!)

I'm Not Sorry that I was able to return my Nexus-10 in time to receive my Full Refund and not get Stuck with a ruff edged product..
I'm Not Sorry that my $500.00 is now vested in a product that is considered the UNDISPUTED Best Tablet on the Market.. The Tablet That Sets The Bar For All Others...
I'm Not Sorry that even though I own an Android Phone ( Galaxy Note ) I now Swear Allegiance to APPLE's iPad *The ABSOLUTE Leader* of the Tablet World as we know it..

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY iPad !!!

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Again with the broken record, clearly you didn't see my points or you're clinging to the only point you think you have. It really is sad, please for the sake of any credibility you may have left move on.

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Consumers don't care about this stuff. What do I care who invented it? If it works and is dependable and affordable I buy it.....if it doesn't then I buy something else....the fact that it is invented is all that matters to the average consumer....I let the lawyers fight over the patent stuff....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Consumers don't care about this stuff. What do I care who invented it? If it works and is dependable and affordable I buy it.....if it doesn't then I buy something else....the fact that it is invented is all that matters to the average consumer....I let the lawyers fight over the patent stuff....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Issue being its not lawyers who make the determination of who's right or wrong. It's us a jury of their peers.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank You.

Again.. Thanks!

Now...
I'm sorry Android has next to nothing for Tablet Apps.. ( At least Go Launcher has a Tablet Optimized App for you that's somewhat better than the Blown Up Phone App Launcher )
I'm sorry even with State of the Art Hardware the Nexus-10 studders in games like NFS Most Wanted.. Really I'm Sorry! (If you're here I assume you own one..)
I'm sorry Developer's don't really care about you when it comes to Developing Tablet Layout Apps.. 275,000 for us iPad Owners and 100 for you... Ouch!
I'm sorry I was WRONG.. google now is not available on the iPad..YET.. But, EVERY OTHER GOOGLE APP IS ! Yeay! (Pssst.. And They Run Smoother on the iPad.. OUCH!)

I'm Not Sorry that I was able to return my Nexus-10 in time to receive my Full Refund and not get Stuck with a ruff edged product..
I'm Not Sorry that my $500.00 is now vested in a product that is considered the UNDISPUTED Best Tablet on the Market.. The Tablet That Sets The Bar For All Others...
I'm Not Sorry that even though I own an Android Phone ( Galaxy Note ) I now Swear Allegiance to APPLE's iPad *The ABSOLUTE Leader* of the Tablet World as we know it..

Come back in a few years and see if all your points are still valid. Android tablets are catching up and quickly!
Anyway, as far as apps go, you claim to have 275,000 tablet optimized apps... Out of 750,000+ total. Unlike Android, lots of your unoptimized apps are literally blown-up phone apps. 2x... LOL. I think it would be far more accurate if you talked about Android as having scaled-up apps, not blown-up apps. At least our "phone" apps work great.
Oh and if developers don't care about us, why do I get a new update almost everyday, optimizing the app for tablets?

Sent from my Nexus 7

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Come back in a few years and see if all your points are still valid. Android tablets are catching up and quickly!
Anyway, as far as apps go, you claim to have 275,000 tablet optimized apps... Out of 750,000+ total. Unlike Android, lots of your unoptimized apps are literally blown-up phone apps. 2x... LOL. I think it would be far more accurate if you talked about Android as having scaled-up apps, not blown-up apps. At least our "phone" apps work great.
Oh and if developers don't care about us, why do I get a new update almost everyday, optimizing the app for tablets?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Don't feed the troll bro it will only make him feel better.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank You.

Again.. Thanks!

Now...

Need for speed is a poorly optimized game all together. EA is known for making games and never updating them or abandoning a game after poor reviews. If you saw EA show their NFS game on Samsungs CES unreleased tablet with unreleased processor with 6 times the speed cpu and 2 times the gpu it still stuttered. And this is for the person known as TomsAndroid: Android is plenty efficient. A huge reason why the Nexus 10 gets such bad battery life compared to the ipad is because the ipads battery is over 2,000mah more and Nexus 10 uses the A15 architecture which guzzles battery. Samsung aimed to resolve these to problems somewhere around October possibly even march with up to 80% more efficiency while offering 6 times the speed, if you saw Samsung at CES. Also Android 4.1.2 triple buffers so stating it needs ios fluidness is kind of a android hate shot cause its literally called project butter. And for moderators that have been popping in, I keep making sure these posting have stayed unhatful as possible. Im really good at staying neutral

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't feed the troll bro it will only make him feel better.

Fair enough, at least I got the last say :)

Need for speed is a poorly optimized game all together. EA is known for making games and never updating them or abandoning a game after poor reviews. If you saw EA show their NFS game on Samsungs CES unreleased tablet with unreleased processor with 6 times the speed cpu and 2 times the gpu it still stuttered. And this is for the person known as TomsAndroid: Android is plenty efficient. A huge reason why the Nexus 10 gets such bad battery life compared to the ipad is because the ipads battery is over 2,000mah more and Nexus 10 uses the A15 architecture which guzzles battery. Samsung aimed to resolve these to problems somewhere around October possibly even march with up to 80% more efficiency while offering 6 times the speed, if you saw Samsung at CES. Also Android 4.1.2 triple buffers so stating it needs ios fluidness is kind of a android hate shot cause its literally called project butter. And for moderators that have been popping in, I keep making sure these posting have stayed unhatful as possible. Im really good at staying neutral

True, I probably wasn't clear enough when I said efficiency. Maybe fluid was the better word. iOS just FEELS more efficient when scrolling, gaming etc, probably thanks to better optimization.
As for battery life, this isn't such a big deal for me as most modern devices have enough juice to last me a day of decent use.
Also, I hate the way EA and Gameloft don't update/optimize! I love most of their games but the lag makes some unbearable.

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually Gameloft is really good with updates. They push them out constantly but struggle with the overwhelming number of new devices to support. EA and Sega are known as some of the worst Play store developers cause they just dont care. I do a rule of thumb with them. If a device and Android version has been out at least 3 months before the game is launched then there is a higher probability that the game will work. I also filter reviews by device and version. Ios only feels more efficient because it has alot less work load to handle. Android tries to do it all and they are really good at it, just the user suffer from a few hiccups because of that. But at the same time if they don't implement them as fast as they can, then companies can lay claim to them. Its really hard to write a idea on paper and claim you invented it, but some companies due and get away with it.

Last edited:

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually Gameloft is really good with updates. They push them out constantly but struggle with the overwhelming number of new devices to support. EA and Sega are known as some of the worst Play store developers cause they just dont care. I due a rule of thumb with them. If a device and Android version has been out at least 3 months before the game is launched then there is a higher probability that the game will work. I also filter reviews by device and version. Ios only feels more efficient because it has alot less work load to handle. Android tries to do it all and they are really good at it, just the user suffer from a few hiccups because of that. But at the same time if they don't implement them as fast as they can, then companies can lay claim to them. Its really hard to write a idea on paper and claim you invented it, but some companies due and get away with it.

I agree that Gameloft is nowhere near as bad as EA but you get games like TDKR and Asphalt 7 that are almost too laggy to play. They do update some though such as Wild Blood, which now run smoother.

I also never download an app before filtering by device. It's saved me a few times.

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough, at least I got the last say :)

True, I probably wasn't clear enough when I said efficiency. Maybe fluid was the better word. iOS just FEELS more efficient when scrolling, gaming etc, probably thanks to better optimization.
As for battery life, this isn't such a big deal for me as most modern devices have enough juice to last me a day of decent use.
Also, I hate the way EA and Gameloft don't update/optimize! I love most of their games but the lag makes some unbearable.

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7

With games such as Zen Pinball HD there are Tegra3 optimisations so now it is better than even iPhone5.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank You.

Again.. Thanks!

Now...

I laughed so hard reading your post.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
IPhone? No Way!!

Love My Galaxy Note 1...

Apple just makes Superior Tablets.. and the ecosystem is supported by everyone in the industry.. First.

Support by the industry for the most part for Android (Tablets) is barely present.. App Development for Android (Tablets) just is not there.. Android is treated like the Unwanted Step-Child. Another post a few lines up said I was "Pulling Numbers Out My Ass"
Sorry if the Truth hurts.. But I was not.. There really are 275,000+ Tablet Optimized Apps for the iPad.. and just a handful for Android. and ZERO Apps with a checkbox to enable the App to run at the 2560*1600 resolution of the Nexus-10..

That's a Fact.

But all that aside.. you know what the Real Killer is ?
Google, Google Now, +, Maps, Translate, Earth,Voice, Chrome, Drive and all the rest.. run on iOS.. And run SMOOTHER & QUICKER than they do on Android's own platform..

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/Raiderwill/d4c8a8e4f014dd009fb607f1749f6244.jpg

In Closing.. Am I a "FANBOY" You Bet!!!

A Fanboy of BOTH Android AND Apple.. Because I can have the BEST that Google offers running on an iOS Platform & Tablet that is simply Flawless..

Truely the Very Best of both Worlds.

We really appreciate your attempt to properly use punctuation and capital letters, but you failed miseralby. If English isn't your first language you're a gem, though;) If it is, well, you're doing it wrong. Can't say I really disagree with the content of your post. I really think you'll find the N7/N10 (and beyond), especially, will change all of that in time.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
With games such as Zen Pinball HD there are Tegra3 optimisations so now it is better than even iPhone5.

Only for us on Tegra 3 though. I don't know how it runs on other Android devices. I do love optimized games though. They look and run amazingly!

Sent from my Nexus 7