spread this too every apple fan you know!

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
LOL @ Tablet optimized.
Eh... That's Right Jerry..

Go to Google Play and search "Tablet apps for Android"... and let me know how many you get :)

Betcha it ain't 275,000 Brother.. That's for darn sure... LOL !

P.S.

Find me one that has a Checkbox to play ANY APP @ 2560*1600.......... LOL !!!

I know there are about 700,000 Android Apps give or take.. You tell me Jerry how many do you think were designed and scaled to work on Android Tablets? and how many run on Android Tablets as Blown Up Phone Apps...

Developers don't Develop for Android Tablets they Develop for the iPad...

I could Care Less about the Politics of Mighty Apple vs Everyone else..... I don't have money to throw around.. That's why it was a No Brainer for me when it came to my final Tablet purchase.. I gave Android a chance by

purchasing a 32gig Nexus-10..

And it was NOT ready for PrimeTime... The iPad is like a Polished Diamond by comparison.. Now that I have owned both I see why the iPad has remained the Top Dog to this day.

Last edited:

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Go to Google Play and search "Tablet apps for Android"... and let me know how many you get :)

P.S.

You are riding pretty hard on a fact that the average Joe wouldn't know unless its pointed out. Is that your only argument because I have to say it's really pretty weak in the overall scheme of things.

Your happy with what you have that's cool and all but your playing the same ole song and dance brother. Find a decent new argument. We are well aware that tablets have not been the focus for android developers and I can only hazard a guess as to why. Probably because its still a young market apple got out there and popularized yes, other companies are struggling to get a sliver yes, but as we have seen with smartphones as android holds 70% of that market worldwide I bet it will do so in its own time with tablets.

Next argument please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Polished turd to me but that's because iOS is iOS is iOS. It's played out its boring and there's nothing that it does that worthy of being called a polished diamond. No that's not just biased untested opinion that someone who has written software and someone who understands the underlying inner workings. Someone who has used many different kinds of hardware and software from military grade on down or up however you want to look at it.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

P.S.

I know there are about 700,000 Android Apps give or take.. You tell me Jerry how many do you think were designed and scaled to work on Android Tablets? and how many run on Android Tablets as Blown Up Phone Apps...

Developers don't Develop for Android Tablets they Develop for the iPad...

I could Care Less about the Politics of Mighty Apple vs Everyone else..... I don't have money to throw around.. That's why it was a No Brainer for me when it came to my final Tablet purchase.. I gave Android a chance by

purchasing a 32gig Nexus-10..

And it was NOT ready for PrimeTime... The iPad is like a Polished Diamond by comparison.. Now that I have owned both I see why the iPad has remained the Top Dog to this day.

Apple disciples dwelled on the difference in app markets when it came to phones too. And how bad did that hurt Android? It only takes a few years and a handful of incredible devices to finally open eyes. When that finally happens, Android flies past Apple at supersonic speed. Android simply has a higher ceiling than Apple, and it's evident in the risks that are taken. Apple no longer has the courage, confidence, or innovation to take the risks that Android takes on a quarterly basis.

You'll disagree with me and that's okay for many reasons. 2 of those being our differing view of what innovation is, the other being that if everyone agreed, I'd probably be stuck with a lousy iPad instead of having better options like the Nexus 10, Transformer Prime, or Note 10.1.

See, I don't want a tablet just to watch hd vids on a Retina because my friends would rather gather around a 55" hd tv to watch the super bowl. Also, I use my tablet to get schooling and work done more efficiently. The iPad's major weakness is creativity. I require a device that fosters a creative mind and environment. Not an iPad that frowns upon individuality.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I am glad to see this post have been civil for the most part. I check on it everyday. Can someone tell me in a somewhat neutral way why anytime a new android device is reviewed that its rated off performance, features, and simplicity, but performance is worth most points and rated lowest, but apple products are score by performance and simplicity, but features seem to get a free pass on scoring? I been finding tech review companies getting very pro apple lately. Thats the reason why I left engadget this year, because I couldn't trust their reviews anymore.

Journalists have always been giving Apple a free ride, so to speak, in my opinion. That video is one of the rare instances where they're calling a spade a spade. There have been so many instances where Apple has been deceptive in their advertising and people on forums and blogs have pointed it out but the journalists have never or rarely picked it up. Just like my post about the "ugly" home screens; why have no journalists commented about how much more functional and customizable the android home screen is compared to the iPhone? They clearly favor Apple. Why that is I don't know, other than it's good for their business (in some way that's not obvious to me).

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

See, I don't want a tablet just to watch hd vids on a Retina

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Retina is nothing more than marketing crap. It's more of a relative equation based on DPI and average viewing distance. These issues won't matter as screen tech improves in actuality the nexus 10 would qualify as the so called "magic number" is 300dpi but can go lower based on distance and screen size.

Technically my skyrocket at its 240dpi could qualify depending on how far I hold it away.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Retina is just apple HD. They could have called it IHD. Its kind of a trick to make you believe that they created something better than HD and patented it so nobody else could use it. Like a Ipad screen is better than 1080p so they call it retina so when a android comes out with the same resolution, people will think the ipad has a better screen because android doesn't use the term retina. Though if android would call it Super HD we could sell more android devices

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Retina is just apple HD. They could have called it IHD. Its kind of a trick to make you believe that they created something better than HD and patented it so nobody else could use it. Like a Ipad screen is better than 1080p so they call it retina so when a android comes out with the same resolution, people will think the ipad has a better screen because android doesn't use the term retina. Though if android would call it Super HD we could sell more android devices

Technically yes but the issue for me is they use the most off the wall non-standard resolutions it makes me wonder wtf they are smoking.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Its true but the world is crazy about resolutions. Thats why 4k is being pushed hard at CES. We should just have 3 standers on tablets. 720p, 1080p, 2k. Never half to go higher than those.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Here is my current homescreen: http://www.imgur.com/Kb8ZJ.jpeg

Sent from my brand new Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Looks very cool. I spent the evening doing a custom design. I made a custom background in photoshop based on a design I saw on Mycolorscreen. Still working on it but all the text links open folders. And the X opens the app drawer. I have gesture swipe commands for my Dialer.
uploadfromtaptalk1357803967377.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anonuk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well my friend.. 1st things 1st..
The Screenshot I took of my iPad's "Google" folder is NOT Google apps from a 3rd party.
They are Google Apps for iOS.. that I downloaded in the Apple App Store.. Here is a shot of what the opening screen shows if you click the blue/white "Google" icon..

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/Raiderwill/851df528b90bf4249fd9efabf8e8de11.jpg

I think Google's trademark colors speak for themself.. this is "Official" Google on my iPad my friend..When you click the Mic Icon, You get Google Now... :)

That's good that you have all the Apps you need and they are scaled properly on your Prime.. Because most Apps for Android Tablets are just blownup (2x) phone Apps.
After dealing with a Nexus-10 I ( Thank Gawd ) returned due to lightbleed and only having about 15 Tablet Optimized Apps that I wanted, I so enjoy have 275,000+ to choose from that I know the Developers created Specifically for my iPad Tablet.

You don't know what Google now is if you think you just click that mic. Its not just voice Google search.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
IPhone? No Way!!

Love My Galaxy Note 1...

Apple just makes Superior Tablets.. and the ecosystem is supported by everyone in the industry.. First.

Support by the industry for the most part for Android (Tablets) is barely present.. App Development for Android (Tablets) just is not there.. Android is treated like the Unwanted Step-Child. Another post a few lines up said I was "Pulling Numbers Out My Ass"
Sorry if the Truth hurts.. But I was not.. There really are 275,000+ Tablet Optimized Apps for the iPad.. and just a handful for Android. and ZERO Apps with a checkbox to enable the App to run at the 2560*1600 resolution of the Nexus-10..

That's a Fact.

But all that aside.. you know what the Real Killer is ?
Google, Google Now, +, Maps, Translate, Earth,Voice, Chrome, Drive and all the rest.. run on iOS.. And run SMOOTHER & QUICKER than they do on Android's own platform..

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/Raiderwill/d4c8a8e4f014dd009fb607f1749f6244.jpg

In Closing.. Am I a "FANBOY" You Bet!!!

A Fanboy of BOTH Android AND Apple.. Because I can have the BEST that Google offers running on an iOS Platform & Tablet that is simply Flawless..

Truely the Very Best of both Worlds.

The iPad is nowhere near flawless. IOS is becoming dated by the day. People are starting to see that android is not only a good smartphone platform but also great on tablets. Android is catching up in sales and market share on tablets. Oh and your special Google apps run much better on my nexus 7 & 10, I own an iPad 4 BTW and it sits in the corner by itself. I like the iPad don't get me wrong its great and all and I can see why people like it. Just don't be ignorant and says it flawless and magical because it isn't. Its now just another tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I'm just excited about what's coming out this year after seeing CES! Tegra 4, new Qualcomm chips, better screens, flexible screens etc.

I've got one thing to say: Watch out Apple!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited:

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Can some people just calm down. I didn't make this post ridiculously pro android. You can make a snarky comment like ibrick, but not apple suck, apple diss diss diss. The only problem apple has is poor business practices and ios needs more creativity. I love my Nexus 10 and I've tried ios products. I like Android because it felt like a me experience. I find apple is more business, not creative so i find their products boring. And android does advertise their tablet apps. The have made sections like: large screen perfection, tablet optimized, ect... And now that Android is pushing out higher Gpu's, and Cpu's with more HD screens and with CES going on announcing product after product, developers will have no choice but to make better tablet games and push updates or else they won't make any money.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Retina is nothing more than marketing crap. It's more of a relative equation based on DPI and average viewing distance. These issues won't matter as screen tech improves in actuality the nexus 10 would qualify as the so called "magic number" is 300dpi but can go lower based on distance and screen size.

Technically my skyrocket at its 240dpi could qualify depending on how far I hold it away.

Thanks for the info, but you are preaching to the choir. You don't have to tell me that the Retina is a gimmick. However, when talking to Apple Disciples, you have to speak to them differently and almost fuel their "apple arrogance" because if you don't specifically address each gimmick, their response will be nothing more than dwelling on said gimmick.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Can some people just calm down. I didn't make this post ridiculously pro android. You can make a snarky comment like ibrick, but not apple suck, apple diss diss diss. The only problem apple has is poor business practices and ios needs more creativity. I love my Nexus 10 and I've tried ios products. I like Android because it felt like a me experience. I find apple is more business, not creative so i find their products boring. And android does advertise their tablet apps. The have made sections like: large screen perfection, tablet optimized, ect... And now that Android is pushing out higher Gpu's, and Cpu's with more HD screens and with CES going on announcing product after product, developers will have no choice but to make better tablet games and push updates or else they won't make any money.

While Apple is not the right product for me, I acknowledge it is the right product for others. For my parents it offers them a secure platform with restrictions that prevent them from "screwing something up" and needing to wait for their son to rescue them with a solution . For my younger Niece and Nephew it is a status symbol as well as a peer compatablility choice. I fully expected my wife to migrate to an iDevice because of her tendancy to be become frustrated with complex electronics. [I was happily shocked on our last outing to the Cell Phone store she rejected th iPhone 5]. There are those for who Apple is the right choice and i am glad that that option is available for them. we should all strive to remember there is no single platform that is the BEST for EVERYONE.

As for Apple's prominence in the tech blog/news arena. Anecdotally I've heard that a less than positive review results in a type of "Black List" that can get reviewers sites "uninvited" from events and denied access to equipment for hands on reviews. I've heard it said that this "black list" may even prevent acess to extend to 3rd party accessory developers [cased, docks etc] products. To be clear I've never heard/seen clear evidence that proves thsi does infact occur. The closest I've come is how Gizmodo and the gawker sites were treated after the "lost/stolen" iPhone incident.

Now Real Journalists and Publishers should never allow a manufacturer to affect their reporting based on a potential "Black List", of course Blogging is a grey area that discards the cloak of journalism whenever it suits their fancy.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
While Apple is not the right product for me, I acknowledge it is the right product for others. For my parents it offers them a secure platform with restrictions that prevent them from "screwing something up" and needing to wait for their son to rescue them with a solution . For my younger Niece and Nephew it is a status symbol as well as a peer compatablility choice. I fully expected my wife to migrate to an iDevice because of her tendancy to be become frustrated with complex electronics. [I was happily shocked on our last outing to the Cell Phone store she rejected th iPhone 5]. There are those for who Apple is the right choice and i am glad that that option is available for them. we should all strive to remember there is no single platform that is the BEST for EVERYONE.

As for Apple's prominence in the tech blog/news arena. Anecdotally I've heard that a less than positive review results in a type of "Black List" that can get reviewers sites "uninvited" from events and denied access to equipment for hands on reviews. I've heard it said that this "black list" may even prevent acess to extend to 3rd party accessory developers [cased, docks etc] products. To be clear I've never heard/seen clear evidence that proves thsi does infact occur. The closest I've come is how Gizmodo and the gawker sites were treated after the "lost/stolen" iPhone incident.

Now Real Journalists and Publishers should never allow a manufacturer to affect their reporting based on a potential "Black List", of course Blogging is a grey area that discards the cloak of journalism whenever it suits their fancy.

What we all need is for Android to have iOS's efficiency and fluidness as well as it's apps along with the freedom of Android and we also need Apple's design along with Android's specs and features :)

Oh, I wish :-(

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7