Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default looking for a way to automatically enable/disable pin unlock based on which wifi network I'm on

So I'm looking for a way for my tablet to automatically enable or disable PIN unlocking based on which wifi network I'm on. I don't need the PIN at home or at my parents' house, but would want it for work and my in-law's house (I don't trust my sister-in-law not to go through my stuff). Is there an easy way of accomplishing this, perhaps with Tasker or some similar app? I haven't purchased Tasker yet, but would if I could control this functionality.

Default Re: looking for a way to automatically enable/disable pin unlock based on which wifi network I'm on

Quote Originally Posted by the block View Post
    So I'm looking for a way for my tablet to automatically enable or disable PIN unlocking based on which wifi network I'm on. I don't need the PIN at home or at my parents' house, but would want it for work and my in-law's house (I don't trust my sister-in-law not to go through my stuff). Is there an easy way of accomplishing this, perhaps with Tasker or some similar app? I haven't purchased Tasker yet, but would if I could control this functionality.
    Check this out. Haven't tried it, but it appears to be what you're asking...

Disable Keyguard When At Home - Tasker Wiki

Default Re: looking for a way to automatically enable/disable pin unlock based on which wifi network I'm on

if you want to try tasker before purchasing download the 7 day trial from the developer website Tasker for Android

taken from "visit developer website" link from here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.taskerm
    Last edited by still1; 02-02-2013 at 08:14 AM.

I use a pin lock and this article helped me figure out the best way to do this using Tasker:

http://bliynd.com/archives/289

I've tried many methods and this one works 100% of the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums