Grey gradient on top of the screen

ahg2003

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been using my Nexus 10 since last few days and do see usual issues like reboots, lock ups etc which are known to the community. I do see another issue which I'm not sure if its a screen issue or its designed this way. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

On the top side of the screen where the front camera is, I see a light grey gradient @ 1 inch wide. Its not prominent but noticeable on the white screen in the portrait mode. For eg, when you open a webpage in the portrait mode. you can see it clearly that area is little darker than rest of the page.

I also see similar gradient on the home screen both at the top (where the google search bar is) and at the bottom (Bottom app icons). If its only my device then I would like to get it exchanged soon.

Thanks.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been using my Nexus 10 since last few days and do see usual issues like reboots, lock ups etc which are known to the community. I do see another issue which I'm not sure if its a screen issue or its designed this way. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

On the top side of the screen where the front camera is, I see a light grey gradient @ 1 inch wide. Its not prominent but noticeable on the white screen in the portrait mode. For eg, when you open a webpage in the portrait mode. you can see it clearly that area is little darker than rest of the page.

I also see similar gradient on the home screen both at the top (where the google search bar is) and at the bottom (Bottom app icons). If its only my device then I would like to get it exchanged soon.

Thanks.

This could be a light bleed issue. You should exchange it.

ahg2003

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
If I understand correctly, the light bleed is when the screen is dark and you see light emitting from under the bezel, but in this case the screen is little darker.

I looked at some Nexus 10 photos on the web and it seems the shadow at the top and bottom of the screen is the design element. I have borrowed this image from CNET, you can clearly see the shadows. On mine, when I look at the light background like webpage in portrait those shadow or gradient remains on the screen.
Nexus10.png

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If I understand correctly, the light bleed is when the screen is dark and you see light emitting from under the bezel, but in this case the screen is little darker.

I looked at some Nexus 10 photos on the web and it seems the shadow at the top and bottom of the screen is the design element. I have borrowed this image from CNET, you can clearly see the shadows. On mine, when I look at the light background like webpage in portrait those shadow or gradient remains on the screen.
http://s9.postimage.org/vi66km467/Nexus10.png

I see those gradients when I am looking at my home screen, but not when I'm in an App (like Chrome or Gmail).

sidamos

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
The gradients on the home screen are by design part of the home screen. But a lot of N10 (including mine) have a dim band on the side of the camera, easily visible when looking at a white web page in chrome in portrait mode.

ahg2003

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
The gradients on the home screen are by design part of the home screen. But a lot of N10 (including mine) have a dim band on the side of the camera, easily visible when looking at a white web page in chrome in portrait mode.

Exactly.. Also, I think I exaggerated when I said 1 inch wide band. I was browsing on Chrome at night with screen filter app ON and kind of annoyed with that grey shadow on the side ;)

I tried yesterday with other apps, movies with white background and I don't see that band. I think Chrome/Firefox window extends all the way where notification bar is and may be that area is dimly lit which makes that shadow or band to appear.

Thanks for all your replies!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz