1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Now in Nexus 10

When I first switched on my new Nexus 10 I elected to skip loading Google Now ('later'). I don't seem to be able to find Google Now some time later. It certainly does not appear as per the instructions which I presume apply only to first time switch-on. Cam anyone advise how to activate Google Now?

Default Re: Google Now in Nexus 10

Quote Originally Posted by wetspecs View Post
    When I first switched on my new Nexus 10 I elected to skip loading Google Now ('later'). I don't seem to be able to find Google Now some time later. It certainly does not appear as per the instructions which I presume apply only to first time switch-on. Cam anyone advise how to activate Google Now?
    Hold the house button at the bottom of the screen and swipe up towards the home button. After activation you should be able to touch the microphone up top for faster launch and say commands like: Show me pictures of...., give me directions to...., set me alarm for...., open netflix, ect...

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Besides swiping up, it's also just the "Google" app in your app drawer.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    Hold the house button at the bottom of the screen and swipe up towards the home button. After activation you should be able to touch the microphone up top for faster launch and say commands like: Show me pictures of...., give me directions to...., set me alarm for...., open netflix, ect...
    All the example commands you listed can be performed (typed or spoken) without Google [Spy] Now activated or turned on.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G