1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 10 to TV device/app solutions?

Hello all,
    I just recently purchaced a Nexus 10 Tablet and I was hoping to find some sort of device/app combo to allow me to mirror the view on my tablet to my TV. I am not really looking for a full on Android-based media player (unless that is th best/cheapest option) but simply some sort of dongle that has an HDMI port to allow me direct streaming in order to make watching movies with the girlfriend easier. through the little bit of research that I have done so far I find myself a bit confused as most of the options that I have come across seem to be full blown media boxes (stand alone devices that simply use android as the OS and connect the network wirelessly). Does anyone know of a cheap dongle/app combo of some sort? Thank you in advance.
    -KFOB

Default Re: Nexus 10 to TV device/app solutions?

Best way to mirror is get a 15 feet micro HDMI to HDMI cable for @ $10. Its perfect mirroring.

For wireless, if you have roku then you can use twonky beam app or playto app. Playto also works with Apple tv.
    KJ

Quote Originally Posted by KFOB View Post
    Hello all,
    I just recently purchaced a Nexus 10 Tablet and I was hoping to find some sort of device/app combo to allow me to mirror the view on my tablet to my TV. I am not really looking for a full on Android-based media player (unless that is th best/cheapest option) but simply some sort of dongle that has an HDMI port to allow me direct streaming in order to make watching movies with the girlfriend easier. through the little bit of research that I have done so far I find myself a bit confused as most of the options that I have come across seem to be full blown media boxes (stand alone devices that simply use android as the OS and connect the network wirelessly). Does anyone know of a cheap dongle/app combo of some sort? Thank you in advance.
    -KFOB
    I don't know if this helps, but I keep my videos on a flash drive as mp4s, connect to it with a micro USB OTG cable and use the Nexus Media Importer app to quickly view files on the flash drive. I just output to my TV using a HDMI to Micro HDMI cable. It works well. I also use a powered hard drive, but had to buy a USB Y Cable to provide power to it as the Nexus didn't put out enough juice.

I bought the OTG and HDMI cable from monoprice.com for a few bucks and the USB Y cable from amazon.com

Is it possible to have a sort of "Remote Control" like iPazzPort 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Fly Air Mouse Keyboard with IR Remote (Amazon.com: iPazzPort 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Fly Air Mouse Keyboard with IR Remote: Computers & Accessories) to manage the device if my HDMI to Micro HDMI cable is not long distance? Also, I'm a Hulu Plus suscriber and got surprised with the news that they are not ready for broadcasting via Nexus 10 () What do you use to watch TV (series, and movies)

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2

I have a computer connected to my TV. I stream TV with both Netflix and Hulu. I use my N10 to control the computer with either Splashtop2 or Mobile Mouse depending on what else i am doing. My N10 is usually not out of my hands long enough to watch TV unless I busy doing other stuff.

My Toys
    Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
    Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
    Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
    Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
    Wife's Stuff
    Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
    Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
    Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2