Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Craig King
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Unbiased opinion please!

I have been bouncing between Nexus 10 or Note 10.1. The build quality is MUCH better for N10, but I do like the S-Pen of Note 10.1. If you had to do it all over again which would you purchase?

Default Re: Unbiased opinion please!

First let me say i hope i can be non bias. I own a Galaxy Note 1(phone), and a nexus 10. I got my girlfriend a note 10.1. I also owned a Xoom before replacing with the nexus 10.

They are both great tablets. The Note 10.1 has the s-pen which is awesome. I really don't think a capacitive stylus can come close to it. It also has Samsung's exynos quad core processor so you are not loosing much from the a15 in the nexus 10.

Both are great the biggest thing you loose or gain is screen on the nexus 10, and the s-pen
    Thanked by:
    jivy26 

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2

The only reason that I have seen to get a Note over a N10 is for hand writing notes and doodling.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    My Toys
    Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
    Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
    Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
    Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
    Wife's Stuff
    Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
    Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
    Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2
    KJ

Quote Originally Posted by jivy26 View Post
    I have been bouncing between Nexus 10 or Note 10.1. The build quality is MUCH better for N10, but I do like the S-Pen of Note 10.1. If you had to do it all over again which would you purchase?
    I don't draw on the tablet and find the keyboard replacements (like Swype Beta) are so good that I've tried, and then put aside a number of stylus pens. The big draw for me is the immediate software updates of the Nexus devices.

All that and i didn't answer your question.

Depends on if it is for personal use or business. I love the nexus 10 personal use. If it was for my work i would probably do the note
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I intend to use it for personal use so the S-Pen would be more of a convenient quirk I might use a few times, but is cool to have I guess. As for DC or QC Processors I don't see anything noticeably better between my Samsung s3 and LG Optimus G that would make me care much about that on a android device. I think im going to head to staples and play with both to see which I prefer. I rarely stay on TouchWiz when I have had Samsung devices so its why I am leaning towards Nexus 10.
    KJ

Quote Originally Posted by Craig King View Post
    All that and i didn't answer your question.

Depends on if it is for personal use or business. I love the nexus 10 personal use. If it was for my work i would probably do the note
    I use my Nexus for work and find it works well. I use the Swype Beta keyboard set for one third of the screen in the bottom right, so that I can Swype with one thumb. I take notes on the OfficeSuite MS Word emulator and sync to my desktop with Dropbox. I've tried a stylus and writing, but find it's less efficient at entering data than Swype. I've tried using a stylus with Swype, but find my thumb works just as well and I don't have to worry about forgetting it at my desk.

ROM
    cm10

I have the note 2 and the nexus 7. I had the tf700 took it back and then got the nexus 10 took that back and got the nexus 7. For some reason I didn't like the tf700 cause I thought that it was laggy and I forget why I took the nexus 10 back ill have to get back to you guys about that. But I do know that I havent had any complaints abou the 32gb nexus 7.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

i would pick nexus 10 AGAIN in a heart beat!!! love my nexus. only thing i want in nexus 10 is the s pen.but i dont really care but a nice to have feature.

With that being said, Nexus 10. Having a GED device is great. After having a xoom it is hard to go back to a skinned device.

Both good for what it is
    You need to decide what you need !
    Nexus 10 is fast and lite ..
    Note is slower but has better battery life and a pen
    U pick
    KJ

Quote Originally Posted by Craig King View Post
    With that being said, Nexus 10. Having a GED device is great. After having a xoom it is hard to go back to a skinned device.
    I feel the same way. I loved the Xoom. It was getting a little laggy, but if they had updated it to 4.2.1 I probably would have kept out for a while longer.

I agree that the only thing the Note 10.1 has over the N10 is the S-Pen, so if that's what you want get the Note, otherwise get the N10.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    I feel the same way. I loved the Xoom. It was getting a little laggy, but if they had updated it to 4.2.1 I probably would have kept out for a while longer.
    I actually felt that the Xoom got better with every upgrade. It seemed to me it got more stable and ran more smoothly with each upgrade.

I am completely agree to about it not getting 4.2. If it had gotten 4.2 and the multi user functionality I know i wouldn't have my nexus 10 today. I actually really liked the xoom. I always thought it's biggest flaw was weight, and not really anything else.
    KJ likes this.