Is anyone else still getting the warranty run around?

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus reboots every 45ish minutes and delivers a stunning 4ish hours of battery life! That's not right, but apparently since I bought the unit at WalMart(everyone else was sold out) no one provides support.

-Google says to call Asus(I assume they mean Samsung but I've heard Asus three times)
-Samsung says to call google
-When I get a manager who previously told me to call Asus(and I really call samsung) and tell him what Samsung said he then says to call WalMart
-When I call walmart they laugh and say that since it's been over 15 days so I should call Google
-Restart at top to see what I've been doing today. I have collected 61 "I'm sorry, but" phrases today, I kept a tally. When I get to 100 do I win warranty support?

-Asus says to call google and seems confused to be involved(figured I should give them a try)

Any one have any tips or do I get to keep this amazing machine that reboots on it's own and has a stellar four hour battery life? I miss my HP Touchpad...

BuckNut23

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Ouch, sorry to hear you're having so much trouble... My N10 was giving me problems (screen was flickering on occasion as well as random reboots). I called Google last week (this number to be exact: 855-836-3987) and told them my issues. The lady was very nice and apologized more times than necessary for my inconvenience. She immediately offered to send me a replacement. Now, my N10 was bought through the Play Store so that could be the one problem that you'll have to overcome. If I were you, I would keep calling that number until someone actually helps you.

Best of luck getting it fixed! When working, this truly is an amazing tablet.

ahg2003

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I had bought mine at Walmart and had an issue (see my post "Returned my Nexus 10"). Called Google Play tech support as I thought Google will honor the warranty but they said since I did not buy from play store I need to call Samsung. Called Samsung and they have no idea about this tablet. The guy keep on asking about the IMEI and I told him its a wifi only and there is no IMEI number. He asked me to use the phone dialer to get the IMEI, I told him again its a wifi tablet so there is no phone dialer. He later accepted that its the first time he's taking a support call for this device. I ended up returning mine to Walmart.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, i suggest you get a 3 way call going with Google and SAMSUNG. once you have both representatives on the line require them to stay on the line and esclate tp supervisors until resolved

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I received my replacement the day after I filed for one. The customer service for me was great, the lady I talked to was very understanding.

Edit: I didn't have to call Samsung either. Idk why they would say take it up with them unless you bought the tablet from somewhere other than Google.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I received my replacement the day after I filed for one. The customer service for me was great, the lady I talked to was very understanding.

Edit: I didn't have to call Samsung either. Idk why they would say take it up with them unless you bought the tablet from somewhere other than Google.

He did buy from elsewhere, Walmart to be exact. Did you, the OP, purchase using a major credit card that offers immediate insurance like the American express? You may need to take that route if neither Samsung or Google will not assist.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
He did buy from elsewhere, Walmart to be exact. Did you, the OP, purchase using a major credit card that offers immediate insurance like the American express? You may need to take that route if neither Samsung or Google will not assist.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

According to the Google rep I spoke to, if you purchased it from somewhere like wall mart you need to contact Samsung or take it back to the place you bought it from. Google only handles the orders placed on the play store.

curlysir

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
According to the Google rep I spoke to, if you purchased it from somewhere like wall mart you need to contact Samsung or take it back to the place you bought it from. Google only handles the orders placed on the play store.

If you read the OP you will see he has done all that. That is the problem, no one wants to take any responsibility for his Nexus 10. I am following this as I too bought my Nexus 10 from Walmart. Was not aware of Google's return policy until recently. I am in process of getting a Nexus 7 replaced (purchases from Google Store) and there are problems there also. I have gone back to Walmart and bought their warranty so I have something to fall back own.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the runaround. I'm just going to go ahead and sue all of them in small claims court. Courts have held that they can hold them all liable to a degree, which is called joint and severable liability.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
$44, you have to buy it within 30 days of purchase. You have to go to the Service desk if you don't buy it with the device.

wow, thats pretty cheap, I may have to look into exactly what it covers...
I was looking at a 3yr from sqrtrade for just under $100, but it covers everything (including accidental damage) without any deductible... only thing it doesnt cover is theft....
Guarantees me a tablet for 3 years....