Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus good enough to replace Laptop

Hi.

Recently iv'e been wanting to get a New laptop but I am a little torn whether to get the Nexus 10 or an Windows 7/8 laptop? I have a Galaxy Nexus so I know all about how great Google is but I recently spoke to a work colleague who owns an Ipad 2 and he told me the he does find himself starting up his laptop because his Ipad isn't suitable for the task in hand.

I am just a little unsure whether the Nexus 10 can download the likes of Utorrent and download films from a torrent website and general things like that.

I Normally search the internet, download/stream movies, download music just the basics really.

So my question is in a nuteshell - Is a tablet as good and as capable as a laptop?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Buntppp; 01-18-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Default Re: Nexus good enough to replace Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Buntppp View Post
    Hi.

Recently iv'e been wanting to get a New laptop but I am a little torn whether to get the Nexus 10 or an Windows 7/8 laptop? I have a Galaxy Nexus so I know all about how great Google is but I recently spoke to a work colleague who owns an Ipad 2 and he told me the he does find himself starting up his laptop because his Ipad isn't suitable for the task in hand.

I am just a little unsure whether the Nexus 10 can download the likes of Utorrent and download films from a torrent website and general things like that.

I Normally search the internet, download/stream movies, download music just the basics really.

So my question is in a nuteshell - Is a tablet as good and as capable as a laptop?

Thanks.
    Short answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyguy#AC View Post
    Short answer is no.
    You can watch movies, listen to music, use torren? I don't think so , use Netflix , brows the internet, its light easy to hold for long period of time , you don't get microsoft words , but you get document to go something might be use full occasionally, I have a laptop and I don't use it as much cause my tablet.
    its a different experience but I love it!

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Buntppp View Post
    Hi.

Thanks.
    If you already have a laptop then yes. I download with utorrent on my N10. I have Netflix and Hulu to stream movies. The reason why you still need a computer is because there is finite storage on mobile devices. Yes you can store stuff in the cloud, but when you have a lot of stuff (torrents), it can get expensive. However a computer with a few hardrives attached and AirDroid and SplashTop 2 running makes you never have to worry about anything else.

Sent from my N10 using Tapatalk HD
    My Toys
    Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
    Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
    Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
    Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
    Wife's Stuff
    Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
    Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
    Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2

I don't know what torrent is but yes. Movies and Internet browsing are a better experience on a tablet. I'm moving away from my laptop more and more. With a blue tooth keyboard and docs to go, I do a lot of word processing from my Nexus 10 too. I prefer the light weight, beautiful screen, long battery life of a tablet to the fan buzzing, over heated, clunky, pixilated screen of my laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10