Google to Launch the New Nexus 10 Tablet at MWC 2013? Quad-Core, GPGPU Inside

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Well, progress marches on. Other than adding more cores (yawn) and a better GPU (I rarely play games intense enough for that to matter) it is still identical. Now, if they had added an SD slot (very unlikely) or offered a 64GB storage model, I would probably be a little upset... but that kind of stuff will happen eventually, anyway. I used my Xoom for almost two years and enjoyed it the whole time.

I think it is great it will be otherwise be spec'ed the same and identical screen/chassis/ports... will mean all accessories will be compatible.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
This would seem to be big news, but yet I could not find one other site supporting this - not one. Hmm. At this point, this looks like a hoax/joke.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
How is the current nexus 10 underpowered at all? The exynos 5 dual is pretty impressive to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that is truly frustrating if only for the reason that it will probably cause the first line of n10s to drop in price. I just got mine two weeks ago and might have held off if i knew about this. Anything to save a few bucks is good for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Unless something happens to my N10, or N7 I probably won't get a new tablet till late 2014 anyway, an almost 2 year replacement cycle worked fine coming from my Xoom to the N7, and N10.

Although I will probably never buy another 3 or 4g tablet again...

silentagenda

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is being critically evaluated by many popular online articles. I fear this is due to what I call the "Apple Syndrome". There are devices (mainly Android-based) that can actually compete with the iPhone/iPad and they're, typically, under attack by the mainstream in some fashion or another. Trolls will attack it due to the design/build, even though they don't realise that Apple uses Samsung hardware (Retina Display, SSD Drives (Macbook), and more) in their devices. Of course there's going to be more tablets released by Google in the future, we can only hope that they do. I don't understand the buyer's remorse mentality when it comes to technology. It's common sense that technology will continue to progress at a steady rate - even if it's something minor (more cores/better GPU in this case). Powerusers/tech geeks should know when new technology is going to be announced (expos, for example, happen around the same time each year) and can give a roundabout estimate of their first field appearance if there's manufacturers working on embedding the tech into their devices. To feel upset about being "behind in technology" would be an error made by the end-user.

I feel like the odd-man out. I actually do research before purchasing a device. For example: with the Nexus 10, I knew about it before its release. I waited a month for reviews on YouTube (watched at least 60-70 of them, even the trolling ones by Apple fanboys for harsh/biased criticism) and lurked forums for posts/complaints/etc from early adopters. Even then, I had to be coerced into purchasing it because I don't really like spending so much on a device that could be a "gimmick" (my first impressions with using an iPad, that's how I felt about tablets). Once I got my Nexus 10, I was surprised at how functional it is and how beautiful the display is. I'll be content with it for quite some time, actually.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is being critically evaluated by many popular online articles. I fear this is due to what I call the "Apple Syndrome". There are devices (mainly Android-based) that can actually compete with the iPhone/iPad and they're, typically, under attack by the mainstream in some fashion or another. Trolls will attack it due to the design/build, even though they don't realise that Apple uses Samsung hardware (Retina Display, SSD Drives (Macbook), and more) in their devices.
That's what happens when many tech sites are so used to Apple being the top dog that now that there is something that can compete with them (and starting with the S3 and now with the Note 2,and latest Nexus devices they have been beating Apple too) they twist words in Apple's favor and exaggerating any flaws to keep the delusion going. Many of the biggest sites are clearly based in favor of Apple, especially CNET.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is being critically evaluated by many popular online articles. I fear this is due to what I call the "Apple Syndrome". There are devices (mainly Android-based) that can actually compete with the iPhone/iPad and they're, typically, under attack by the mainstream in some fashion or another. Trolls will attack it due to the design/build, even though they don't realise that Apple uses Samsung hardware (Retina Display, SSD Drives (Macbook), and more) in their devices. Of course there's going to be more tablets released by Google in the future, we can only hope that they do. I don't understand the buyer's remorse mentality when it comes to technology. It's common sense that technology will continue to progress at a steady rate - even if it's something minor (more cores/better GPU in this case). Powerusers/tech geeks should know when new technology is going to be announced (expos, for example, happen around the same time each year) and can give a roundabout estimate of their first field appearance if there's manufacturers working on embedding the tech into their devices. To feel upset about being "behind in technology" would be an error made by the end-user.

I feel like the odd-man out. I actually do research before purchasing a device. For example: with the Nexus 10, I knew about it before its release. I waited a month for reviews on YouTube (watched at least 60-70 of them, even the trolling ones by Apple fanboys for harsh/biased criticism) and lurked forums for posts/complaints/etc from early adopters. Even then, I had to be coerced into purchasing it because I don't really like spending so much on a device that could be a "gimmick" (my first impressions with using an iPad, that's how I felt about tablets). Once I got my Nexus 10, I was surprised at how functional it is and how beautiful the display is. I'll be content with it for quite some time, actually.

Every piece of equipment I buy is heavily researched before I purchase it. You're not alone my friend. I for one Love my N10 and N7.

x Pervy Sage

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry... but this post is kind of stupid. This is clearly a bunch of rumored BS... just like how it was rumored that LG stopped producing Nexus 4's because they were working on a newer phone already.

Should have waited to get yours? Why? Because of some random BS site reporting some BS rumor? lol.

Even if this BS was true, the so called new Nexus 10 wouldn't come out till the end of the year. Do you really want to wait that long? Not me.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hard to believe that article. It's all based on a "prototype" they claim they saw that still looked exactly like the current Nexus 10. The only difference, so they claim, were benchmarks. Why no photos or screenshots? Why not even a mention of "not being allowed to do so?" For all they know, they had some joker with a Nexus 10 claiming it was a prototype, and thus they wanted to believe it was faster. Much like how some of the late night talk shows showed people on the street the "new iPhone 5" (actually just the 4s) a day after the announcement, and everyone gushed over how much faster it was, or how much clearer the screen was, etc.

abdwerks

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Google Nexus 10 To Receive Major Upgrades, More Power ?The larger processor and GPU have been requested by Google Nexus users who have noticed increased lag times because of the device?s huge 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution display.?

This sounds like bogus! nexus 10 lag?! Lol this tablet is so fast. how many people have ?lag? so Google listened and are now developing a new Nexus 10? Funny how Google won't listen to thousands of owners who are willing to pay $ for official accessories but for more power Google is coming out with whole new tablet! I call lies and rumors by apple fan boys

KneeDragr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
If they shaft early adopters like myself I will eBay this thing for whatever I can get, go back to an Apple tablet and never buy another Nexus product. I definitively like this N10 better than the iPad2 I unloaded to get it, but as a matter of principle I will dump it.

It might be BS though, they had rumored to upgrade my Galaxy Nexus CPU/GPU within a couple months of buying it and that never happened.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
For curiosity's sake: how long should Google wait before releasing a new 10" tablet?

Personally I think they should wait at least 10 months.

silentagenda

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
For curiosity's sake: how long should Google wait before releasing a new 10" tablet?

Personally I think they should wait at least 10 months.

About five to seven months, tops. Technology moves faster than a ten month refresh cycle. If the hardware is there and development proceeds the actual launch of the Nexus 10, even my suggestion is laughable.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy