Google to Launch the New Nexus 10 Tablet at MWC 2013? Quad-Core, GPGPU Inside

flight

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If they shaft early adopters like myself I will eBay this thing for whatever I can get, go back to an Apple tablet and never buy another Nexus product. I definitively like this N10 better than the iPad2 I unloaded to get it, but as a matter of principle I will dump it.

It might be BS though, they had rumored to upgrade my Galaxy Nexus CPU/GPU within a couple months of buying it and that never happened.

You know Apple has already done it, so out of principle, you shouldn't go back to them. The iPad 3 was released last March followed by the iPad 4 in October, with the iPad 5 rumored to be released this March. I have an iPad 3 and it didn't lose any features when the 4 was released. If I would have waited for the iPad 4, I would have missed out on months of enjoyment. Your Nexus 10 will be just as amazing when the Nexus 10+1 is released. Actually, it will be even more amazing since there will be better software by then.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You know Apple has already done it, so out of principle, you shouldn't go back to them. The iPad 3 was released last March followed by the iPad 4 in October, with the iPad 5 rumored to be released this March. I have an iPad 3 and it didn't lose any features when the 4 was released. If I would have waited for the iPad 4, I would have missed out on months of enjoyment. Your Nexus 10 will be just as amazing when the Nexus 10+1 is released. Actually, it will be even more amazing since there will be better software by then.

Exactly. Especially since it's a Nexus device so you know it'll be guaranteed to get the latest software updates for a few years.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Especially since it's a Nexus device so you know it'll be guaranteed to get the latest software updates for a few years.

You've got that right! Seriously this tablet amazes me every time I pick it up at how fast it is. This thing will last us a long time, more so than most other tablets on the market, same goes for the n7

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
About five to seven months, tops. Technology moves faster than a ten month refresh cycle. If the hardware is there and development proceeds the actual launch of the Nexus 10, even my suggestion is laughable.

If we were talking about Samsung, Motorola etc. I'd agree. However Google isn't competeing in the same manner as the other manufacturers are. Google wants [perhasp even needs] the other manufacturers to make android devices. Competing multiple times a year on top of multiple formats I think would discourage those manufacturers from remaining as pro-andriod as they are.

One phone, one 7 inch, one 10 inch per a 12 month period is sufficient. Allowing a 2 month window of "flexability" to coincide with the latest and greatest technology.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You've got that right! Seriously this tablet amazes me every time I pick it up at how fast it is. This thing will last us a long time, more so than most other tablets on the market, same goes for the n7

Agreed. I'm more than happy I got this tablet.

dave1216

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
So there are coming out with a new Nexus 10 model and they still haven't shown they can get the current Nexus to work bug free. I also can't see one in a store. What the heck is the niche for this? I planned on purchasing a nexus 10 until reading this forum and finding out that google still has not fixed all the reboots, etc. And now on to new HW?

silentagenda

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So there are coming out with a new Nexus 10 model and they still haven't shown they can get the current Nexus to work bug free. I also can't see one in a store. What the heck is the niche for this? I planned on purchasing a nexus 10 until reading this forum and finding out that google still has not fixed all the reboots, etc. And now on to new HW?

Again, this is a rumour. There is absolutely no other data, sans this article, that mentions this. Secondly, neither mine or a friend (whom I convinced to buy a Nexus 10) are having reboots. Yes, it happens to people. No, it doesn't happen to everybody. It's obviously something on the OS level as it happens on a few other devices running Jelly Bean. Are they working on another ten-inch tablet? That wouldn't surprise me in the least, Google does spend billions on research and development. As for stores, that's the only downside with the Nexus line so far, in regard to gaining more customers.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

At this point, it is not even a rumor - I cannot find any single independent source confirming this. It seems this may be some kind of prank or an Apple fan trying to get people to not buy the Nexus 10.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully they get it right this time around... On paper it looks quite impressive.. and it should be a worthy challenger to the 5th Generation iPad5..

Last edited:

flight

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I like Samsung. They're a heavyweight in processors, flash, and display technology so Google's partnership with them has resulted in a great tablet for a competitive price. But I've always wondered what Google could do in-house, especially with their acquisition of Motorola. Microsoft have done an amazing job with the Surface hardware and keyboard accessory - could Google do the same?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae