Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Devlyn16
  • 1 Post By sutt1576
  • 2 Post By nicobie
  • 1 Post By Tenebrous
  • 1 Post By silentagenda
  • 2 Post By Devlyn16
  • 1 Post By anonuk
  • 1 Post By ibmnasa69
  • 2 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default my nexus 10 has been disabled how can i get it working again? ( google play are aware )

hi guys,

i have an issue and could do with some help please, prior to xmas i ordered a nexus 10 for my daughter. the tablet never arrived although the courier said they posted it and it was signed for, long story short i have a side entrance to my house and the courier missed my house and posted it to flat 37 just across from my house. when the courier noticed the mistake i was told and i went to the flat to ask for it but never got and answer ( he was working nothing funny from him ), i contacted google play who by now knew from the courier they had sent it to the wrong address and i also explained i was unable to contact the man as he was working away he is a trucker. to further add to the issue the following day we was going away to iceland so it would be a while before i could collect it. google told me due to these issue's they was going to email me and ask me to give consent to disable the tablet as they have no idea what the man who got the tablet was going to do with it and they was going to get the courier to send a letter to the man informing him of the mistake and arranging for the courier to collect it so i was not involved as i was going away, i agreed and was told from google play they would refund within 2 days to my bank and i could order again and still get the tablet for my daughter in time for xmas,
    now the issues it took google nearly 2 weeks to get the money back into my account and they kept coming up with stupid reason why they had not issued the refund. google did get he money into my account in the end but by then hey nexus 10 was out of stock and as a result i have had to by my daughter a microsoft surface,
    now to top it off i have gone mad at google and had loads of calls from them and to them as my daughter never got her present until after xmas due to them and bad customer service who have ust told me tough really and have not tried to help or be nice at all. well last week the man who got my tablet came knocking and told me he has had this parcel for weeks and has knocked for me several times but i was never in and he was sorry for the delay in getting it to me, i asked if he had a letter from the courier as they was going to contact him direct to arrange collecting but he told me he has had nothing, now i contacted google and talked with a manager and explained all of the above and all he could say is he will arrange for a courier to colect it but couldn't tell me when so again i said ok but i work long hours, now the couriers have come twice and missed me each time so i have contacted google who informed my that the courier can only collect at time i am working so they cant collect and after the crap i have dealt with i refuse to take time out my day and post it back to them they can make the effort as i will not.
    result is the manager has told me the tablet is disabled so they will no longer waste my time or the companys so they will not collect the tablet and i should just bin it as it cant be used,

so my question can i get it working? it has not even been removed from box or unwrapped,

Default Re: my nexus 10 has been disabled how can i get it working again? ( google play are aware )

Call up Google , PAY for it and I am sure they wil be happy to activate it.

or do the right thing and send it back so someone who actually wants it can purchase it.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]
    KJ likes this.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Default Re: my nexus 10 has been disabled how can i get it working again? ( google play are aware )

It might work why not check? or sell it for parts you could make some decent money that way.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

DEVLYN why should i do the right thing google screwed me really badly upset my daughter for xmas and treated me like crap as far as i am concerned they can go jump.
    Teerone thank for the advice but truth be known its not really a issue of money or selling it as a whole or in parts my son wants a tablet now so if i can get this working t will go straight to him.
    teerone likes this.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

It will work as long as it never connects to the internet to be disabled.
    KJ

Can you install the Amazon App store?

Why are you mad at Google? They are the ones out a tablet. You got your money back. What's the problem? The mail people screwed you not Google.

If you want one for your boy, pay for one and don't try to put one over on Google.

Actually, I think you are rude just asking here how to get something for free. Even if I knew I sure as h*** wouldn't tell you.
    Thanked by:
    RustyU and ibmnasa69 like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

no google screwed me as they spent so log putting the money back into my account that by the time they did they was out of stock, everytime i contacted google over the time it was taking they came up with stupid excuses as to why they had not issued the refund like that they had no staff that could issue refunds or that they had lost my email asking for the refund to be issued oh yes and they used that excuse 3 times in 1 day with me sending the email to them 3 times that day,

Quote Originally Posted by sut1576 View Post
    no google screwed me as they spent so log putting the money back into my account that by the time they did they was out of stock, everytime i contacted google over the time it was taking they came up with stupid excuses as to why they had not issued the refund like that they had no staff that could issue refunds or that they had lost my email asking for the refund to be issued oh yes and they used that excuse 3 times in 1 day with me sending the email to them 3 times that day,
    C'mon man, they are a business, they need to go through their process to try and verify what was going on - it is not as if it is impossible for a human being to lie or act in an otherwise unsavory manner - absent a camera watching you, your family, and your neighbors/friends/etc. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, this will logically take time. Yes, sometimes mistakes happen and the timing may not have been good for you, but in the end, it seems as if Google tried to do what was right.

Moreover, you want to blame them for making a product that sells. If they sold all their units, that's what happens when you put a good product on the market. It is not as if Google has some kind of personal vendetta against you and held your refund on purpose until they were out of stock!

I am hesitant to state that anyone screwed you - rather a series of unfortunate missteps occurred. Regardless, if anyone did screw you, it does not seem as if it was Google.
    KJ likes this.

Nobody has "screwed you over" in this case. It takes time to get refunded online, that's just how it goes. I had to wait close to four months to get s refund from eBay. They took that long to approve of a refund order to the seller: then another month to convince the seller to refund the money. Essentially, in this case, it wasn't Google who had done you wrong, it was the parcel delivery company. Google did as they always do: lock a device that was lost (in transit) or stolen. The idea that they "ruined" your daughter's x-mas is based on your perspective. I had my fair share of problems when it comes to the Google Play store and UPS (parcel company) when it came to my Nexus 10. In the end, I went to the address that had my package and picked it up myself, without contacting Google about it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    KJ likes this.

DEVLYN why should i do the right thing
    See, If your personal integrity and honor haven't already given you sufficent reason I doubt any thing I typed would. One doesn't do "the right thing" based on other's actions or behaviors, one does "the right thing" because it is THE RIGHT THING.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    twilite2000 and kcad01 like this.

You are just a common thief.
    the gator likes this.

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

Default my nexus 10 has been disabled how can i get it working again? ( google play are aware )

There is something just not right with this whole story. We have disabled it so toss it in the bin... RIGHT!

When I opted to accept a refund for my freezing and rebooting Nexus 10 it took them 22 days to give me my money back.. That is too long! Apple and Amazon have both refunded me for purchases within 24 hours of receipt of my return. Money back in my account within 72 hours. Google needs to work on this.

Nonetheless, I am calling BS on this saga.

Quote Originally Posted by OTACORB View Post
    There is something just not right with this whole story. We have disabled it so toss it in the bin... RIGHT!

When I opted to accept a refund for my freezing and rebooting Nexus 10 it took them 22 days to give me my money back.. That is too long! Apple and Amazon have both refunded me for purchases within 24 hours of receipt of my return. Money back in my account within 72 hours. Google needs to work on this.

Nonetheless, I am calling BS on this saga.
    You revived a refund within 24 hours of Amazon/Apple receiving your return. The issue here is that he never returned the product - apparently his neighbor took his package and inexplicably never left a note. Conceivably, had he returned the product, it would've been much easier to refund.

The delivery company screwed up big time, not Google. Yet, the original poster feels that Google is totally responsible for everything. He is offended because it took all of two weeks to receive a full refund (ignoring the fact that the tablet was lost and Google at that point stood to lose the money if it didn't turn up). He is mad at Google because he couldn't make arrangements with the delivery company to return it (I guarantee I could have figured out a way if I'd been in the same situation). Now he feels he deserves a free tablet for his "trouble", and is asking decent people who actually paid for their tablets to help him unlock it! What a misguided sense of entitlement!

And, to make it even worse- he writes incredibly long run-on sentences that are jumbled together, and doesn't know how to use periods and paragraphs to make his whining, self serving communications more understandable. No wonder Google finally threw up their hands and told him to go in peace and not bother them any more!
    the gator likes this.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Have you tried to see what it does when you turn it on yet?

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous View Post
    You revived a refund within 24 hours of Amazon/Apple receiving your return. The issue here is that he never returned the product - apparently his neighbor took his package and inexplicably never left a note. Conceivably, had he returned the product, it would've been much easier to refund.
    Well according to his story they said they would issue him a refund. Since it was lost they were working with the shipper. It still took too long to process and that is my point. They are slow as hell giving people their money back.

Again I do not buy this story but my thing is confirming the long return processing.

Quote Originally Posted by OTACORB View Post
    Well according to his story they said they would issue him a refund. Since it was lost they were working with the shipper. It still took too long to process and that is my point. They are slow as hell giving people their money back.

Again I do not buy this story but my thing is confirming the long return processing.
    He got his refund in under two weeks by his own admission ("it took google nearly 2 weeks to get the money back into my account"). That is pretty damn quick, considering Google had to work with the delivery company to confirm the tablet was misrouted. And, it was definitely not a run of the mill case (note the OP's comment about the neighbor being a trucker who was in Iceland and therefore unavailable to contact). We had a somewhat similar problem with UPS when we bought a chair from Sears. Due to the last two digits in the street address being transposed, they were unable to deliver it where it was supposed to go. Instead of calling us, they summarily decided to send it from Michigan all the way back to the warehouse in Washington state. Even though UPS admitted fault in not doing more to resolve the issue before returning the chair, we did not get a refund from Sears until it had crossed the country and was inspected back at its point of origin. So, for the guy to complain so vigorously about getting a refund in under two weeks is really uncalled for. PS. His tablet also cost more than twice what our chair did. For $400 (or more, can't recall if his was 16 or 32 GB) you would expect that Google would want to make damn sure what was going on before sending a refund.

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

Unfortunately this is just one on many threads that have complained about it taking Google far too long to issue refunds. We can says this situation was unusual, but in mine and many others they have no freaking excuse. They got there nexus 10 back in 2 days and it took them another 20 to issue the credit and 3 days for it to post.

I get what you are saying in this case, but my point is not so much about this case as Google customer service in general.

My question is, how can they disable the tablet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Each Nexus has a unique identifier. Each nexus must be activated. I suspect because the above device was listed as missing/lost/stolen Google simply flagged that device's Identifiere so it cannot be activated, thus disabling it.

Could Google disable an already activated device?? I don't know. I'm sure they could limit the functionality of such a device by blocking access to the play store and possibly some other google services.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012

This clearly looks like an issue to be dealt with between yourself and Google. If they have stated its deactivated/can't be activated then again its something to speak with them about.

AC's stance on this is simple, your asking for a workaround to activate a device that has been deactivated by Google/Google Play Store. This is something we don't support or condone.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
    Devlyn16 and twilite2000 like this.