Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default newbe here.... basic question - re charging the Nexus 10 32gb tablet....

Enjoying the nexus s 10" tablet very much...
    Broke my power cord (don't ask).

1) for just an interim period, can I charge the tablet two ways.
    a) micro usb to usb cable connected to a computer?
    b) have a samsung phone charger (ac outlet to microusb at the other end which fits the tablet).

Can I use either or both of these to charge my tablet?

2) anyone have any experience with the Pogo magnetic charger? and if so, how fast is it... and is the connection a good one?
    anyone know where these can be bought at this time?

Thanks so much.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,417 Global Posts

Default Re: newbe here.... basic question - re charging the Nexus 10 32gb tablet....

Quote Originally Posted by rob nexus View Post
    Enjoying the nexus s 10" tablet very much...
    Broke my power cord (don't ask).

1) for just an interim period, can I charge the tablet two ways.
    a) micro usb to usb cable connected to a computer?
    b) have a samsung phone charger (ac outlet to microusb at the other end which fits the tablet).

Can I use either or both of these to charge my tablet?
    Yes

2) anyone have any experience with the Pogo magnetic charger? and if so, how fast is it... and is the connection a good one?
    anyone know where these can be bought at this time?

Thanks so much.
    There is no official POGO charger yet. There is a single aftermarket that is maybe 10 to 20% faster and has a good magnetic connector. Had you even bothered to look at the first screen of topics, you would have seen the thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...o-charger.html
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Default Re: newbe here.... basic question - re charging the Nexus 10 32gb tablet....

If you broke your power cord, just use any USB to Micro USB cable with your existing charger. If you broke the charger than any charger you can find that is rated for 5 volts, 2 amps will work. You should be able to find one easily on Amazon.

The POGO cable works great. It attaches with 2 strong magnets, so is secure, yet is easily disconnected if the power cord is pulled.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,417 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RonD View Post
    If you broke your power cord, just use any USB to Micro USB cable with your existing charger. If you broke the charger than any charger you can find that is rated for 5 volts, 2 amps will work. You should be able to find one easily on Amazon..
    Actually, you can use ANY USB charger. But if you use a smaller one, it will just take longer to charge.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Actually, you can use ANY USB charger. But if you use a smaller one, it will just take longer to charge.
    If you use a smaller ones, it may help to put the Nexus in Airplane mode - just do not use it while charging, or else, at best your batter level will likely stay relatively even.

Yes try and find the next most powerful accessory you have that uses a microusb cable. Always use a wall charger over plugging into laptop and I'd full out turn off the device during charging

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

There's a POGO charger out now for the Nexus 10 on Amazon so your best option would be to get one of those. Much faster and it doesn't use up the Micro-USB slot.