Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Caleb Morris
  • 1 Post By ayman07
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please select email client for ZDA (pop-up window)

I got my Nexus 10 yesterday (running 4.2.1) and this pop up message appears every half an hour or so:

"Please select email client for ZDA"

The options include Gmail, Hotmail, Sype etc. If I click through my Gmail, it takes me to a draft email ready to be sent to <zda@pingbyzos.com>

Does anyone know what is causing this? Or if anyone has experienced it, how did you solve this issue? I have only downloaded obvious "mainstream" apps so far so can't see how any of my app downloads have caused this.

Thanks a lot.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Default Re: Please select email client for ZDA (pop-up window)

Is it a notification in the upper bar?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No, it's a white window that pops up in the middle of the screen with the icons of the potential apps that I could use as an email client underneath. I have Googled this and seen a couple of posts describing the same thing but one was unanswered and the other had a reply that didn't explain/solve the issue. I don't know what ZDA stands for and don't recognise Pingbyzos. Thanks.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

It sounds like a phishing scam to me. Any random apps you might have installed? Like some ad blocking app? Some best apps for tablets app?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks a lot - this is what I suspected.

I haven't installed anything for security or ad-blocking besides Avast. In terms of the latter, I did install Drippler and Tablified Market HD - both seemed safe enough at the time but perhaps this is the source of the issue going on what you are saying? Other than that it's just the norm - Facebook Twitter Firefox Dropbox Mx Player Sky News NFL etc.

I'll uninstall both Drippler and Tablified Market HD when I next have access to my N10 and see if it has any effect. I've changed my Google account passwords as well (don't know whether it will help, but can't do any harm). Do you have any other recommendations if it keeps happening?

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

It shouldn't keep happening. It sounds like the tablified market hd was your problem. My mom installed something similar on her Nexus 7,and it kept giving her notifications in the notification bar about deals on random things. If the problem keeps happening, then I don't know what to tell you, except keep uninstalling apps until it stops. Then add one app at a time until you see it pops up again.

"Tablified Market HD" is probably to cause. I was getting more problems out of having it installed than anything else. Some games I play have notifications whenever something happens in-game (eg: when a weapon upgrade is complete, or if there's an in-game update). I don't understand people recommending it, really. I normally just use whatever I want to use with "Force Orientation" .. it may stretch things out (on non-optimised apps); but, it's still better than Apple's first hurrah with the tablet market.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks both of you - I will get rid of it later and see what happens.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Update: I have started deleting apps but it is continuing and now happening on a minute by minute basis. When you delete an app is the whole history and remnants of the app gone or is there something else you need to do to clear it completely?

This has gone from an annoyance to ruining it. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Well, there's one last resort. You can do a factory reset and start all over again. It's a hassle, but it should fix your problem. Just watch what you download. Especially look at other user's reviews of apps and app ratings before you download. I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm talking to you like you're a newbie, I am just making sure to cover all the bases here.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks - bit the bullet and did a factory reset and started again - issue solved so it appears. No apologies required, I am a newbie!

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

My advice is to stay away from other markets. The only two markets that you can have is the play store, and the Amazon App Market. The rest are fakes, and cause pop ups most of the time.
    Devlyn16 likes this.

Developer of Tablified Market HD here:

I am not sure what all the complaints are about but I assure you that my app doesn't have any of those spammy notification ads. If you don't believe me, go ahead and download the AppBrain Ad Detector and check it out for yourselves. It tells you exactly what ads we use.

@Cmorris8848 - Tablified Market HD is not like other 'markets'. We don't sell or let you download anything from within the app. You are linked directly back to the Play store for all downloads and transaction. We're not like SlideME or Amazon. We're just a front-end for the Play store.

If anyone is having any issues, you can contact me at

Thanks

Thanks.
    Ripdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by ayman07 View Post
    @Cmorris8848 - Tablified Market HD is not like other 'markets'. We don't sell or let you download anything from within the app. You are linked directly back to the Play store for all downloads and transaction. We're not like SlideME or Amazon. We're just a front-end for the Play store.

If anyone is having any issues, you can contact me at

Thanks

Thanks.
    I apologize. I was just giving advice on my experience with other markets I have downloaded. I didn't check out the tablified market, before giving this advice. I'm sorry for saying that about your product.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmorris8848 View Post
    I apologize. I was just giving advice on my experience with other markets I have downloaded. I didn't check out the tablified market, before giving this advice. I'm sorry for saying that about your product.
    No problem. I just wanted to clear the air

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD