New Nexus 10 owner: noisy touch-to-vibrate

bennersgb

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi there - I've just got a Nexus 10 and loving it so far. However, I'm finding the 'vibrate-to-touch' to be quite loud, giving off a small buzz whenever the screen vibrates (even when the sound is totally muted), which I haven't experienced on other touch screen devices. Of course, I can turn off touch to vibrate, so it's not the end of the world - but I was wondering whether other users are finding this, or whether it might be a fault with my tablet? There wasn't any sound before I upgraded the tablet to the latest version of Android...

I've been googling this all weekend and have only found similar comments against the Nexus 4. Thanks!

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there - I've just got a Nexus 10 and loving it so far. However, I'm finding the 'vibrate-to-touch' to be quite loud, giving off a small buzz whenever the screen vibrates (even when the sound is totally muted), which I haven't experienced on other touch screen devices. Of course, I can turn off touch to vibrate, so it's not the end of the world - but I was wondering whether other users are finding this, or whether it might be a fault with my tablet? There wasn't any sound before I upgraded the tablet to the latest version of Android...

I've been googling this all weekend and have only found similar comments against the Nexus 4. Thanks!

I never found it to be very loud. Maybe your hearing is just better than mine. :p

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

silentagenda

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ah yeah, it can be a bit loud (especially for those with somewhat sensitive hearing, like mine) even with sound completely, utterly muted. I disabled 'vibrate to touch' out of the box, to be honest. I don't really require haptic feedback to know what I'm pressing (especially as I use the gesture-typing).

bennersgb

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replies - I was worried I might have a faulty tablet. It does seem loud, but I've got quite sensitive ears! I can live without 'vibrate to touch' to be honest, just thought I'd make sure it wasn't a fault before my 15 day return window expires.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your replies - I was worried I might have a faulty tablet. It does seem loud, but I've got quite sensitive ears! I can live without 'vibrate to touch' to be honest, just thought I'd make sure it wasn't a fault before my 15 day return window expires.
I can think of much worse problems your tablet could be having so if that's all it's doing that you don't like, you're good. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol