Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Nexus 10 owner: noisy touch-to-vibrate

Hi there - I've just got a Nexus 10 and loving it so far. However, I'm finding the 'vibrate-to-touch' to be quite loud, giving off a small buzz whenever the screen vibrates (even when the sound is totally muted), which I haven't experienced on other touch screen devices. Of course, I can turn off touch to vibrate, so it's not the end of the world - but I was wondering whether other users are finding this, or whether it might be a fault with my tablet? There wasn't any sound before I upgraded the tablet to the latest version of Android...

I've been googling this all weekend and have only found similar comments against the Nexus 4. Thanks!

Default Re: New Nexus 10 owner: noisy touch-to-vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by bennersgb View Post
    Hi there - I've just got a Nexus 10 and loving it so far. However, I'm finding the 'vibrate-to-touch' to be quite loud, giving off a small buzz whenever the screen vibrates (even when the sound is totally muted), which I haven't experienced on other touch screen devices. Of course, I can turn off touch to vibrate, so it's not the end of the world - but I was wondering whether other users are finding this, or whether it might be a fault with my tablet? There wasn't any sound before I upgraded the tablet to the latest version of Android...

I've been googling this all weekend and have only found similar comments against the Nexus 4. Thanks!
    I never found it to be very loud. Maybe your hearing is just better than mine. :P

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Ah yeah, it can be a bit loud (especially for those with somewhat sensitive hearing, like mine) even with sound completely, utterly muted. I disabled 'vibrate to touch' out of the box, to be honest. I don't really require haptic feedback to know what I'm pressing (especially as I use the gesture-typing).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for your replies - I was worried I might have a faulty tablet. It does seem loud, but I've got quite sensitive ears! I can live without 'vibrate to touch' to be honest, just thought I'd make sure it wasn't a fault before my 15 day return window expires.

Quote Originally Posted by bennersgb View Post
    Thanks for your replies - I was worried I might have a faulty tablet. It does seem loud, but I've got quite sensitive ears! I can live without 'vibrate to touch' to be honest, just thought I'd make sure it wasn't a fault before my 15 day return window expires.
    I can think of much worse problems your tablet could be having so if that's all it's doing that you don't like, you're good. :P