Nexus 10 won't turn on.

Kathleeng

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been charging all morning and when I press the "power on" button it shows it charging but will not go any further. Screen just returns to blank. Help!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried disconnecting it from the charger and holding the power button down for about 10secs? What does the battery life say when you press the button?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Heelsandeers

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Just went to turn my N10 on and nothing happened. Tried holding power button in and everything. I then went to plug it in thinking maybe it was dead (even though I'm fairly certain it wasnt) and now all I get is the light indicating it is charging.

Heelsandeers

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Scratch that, just got it to work. Apparently these things go into a deep sleep? Try holding the power button for about 30 seconds. It should come on.

TJ Phelps

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same issue with my nexus 10 turning off and not powering on. The other problem I had was that the device would turn on but the screen would remain black and I would have to restart it. Here are the various steps I have found that worked for my device. They are in order of what worked quickest to longest process.

1-Hold the power button for 10 seconds. The screen should turn off and the device vibrate. Then wait 5 seconds and then push and hold the power button for 10 seconds and the device should vibrate and screen come on.

2. Do the same as step one but hold the power button ranging anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute. The device should power down and then you can wait 5-10 seconds and then hold the power button and start the device as normal.

3. When the above didn't work I noticed that if I plugged the tablet into my computer, then it would start using the above methods. I have read that it works using the power outlet as well, but that has not worked for me.

4. When none of the above worked, the last step Google had me try was to hold the power button + Volume (both up and down) at the same time. I held this for one minute. Then the device powered down. Continue to hold and a screen should come on. On top will be two arrows, on the side a green start button, to the right of the green button some device info, and in the center of the screen will be the droid icon. Try double tapping the start icon. If that does not work. Push and hold the power button for 10-30 seconds. The device should power off. Wait 5-10 seconds then power on and start your device. Hopefully it will start as normal.

These are all the little quirky things I have read in forums and have had to use to keep my device turning on. I have heard that this is a software issue and that a fix is being worked on to prevent this issue. As to the truth of this, I am unsure.

Ladi Lott

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
So, I have had my Nexus 7 just over a month. I was beside myeslf when it would not turn on. I tried plugging it in, tried several different plugs, think something was possibly wrong with the charger. I got nothing but a blamk screeen. I tried holding down the power button a lil longer....still nothing. Thank God I came across this post. Turns out I did NOIT hold it long enough. After about 30 seconds it did come on.

However, Im a little leary. I have read it is not good to let it power down completely, however, it is not likely that this will never happen. I dont want to have to worry about always keeping a charge on it. So if it i a design flaw....(Ive read the batttery compartment is slightly too big & the battery disconnects).....if it is a design flaw I hope they recall it or fix it. If I have the same problem again I will definitley call them on it.

Thanks for this post, it was very useful!

Fleannafleaflea

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just to say I had a problem with N10 not powering up. So following advice from another thread I charged in again with my phone charger and it worked!!!!! Just a suggestion for when you're at the end of your rope.

cutehead

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, TJ for the helpful tips! :D

I've actually used it on my Nexus S, not sure why I didn't apply it to my N10 as well. After having a TON of issues with a previous N10, I was about to call it quits when my replacement started acting up. It has given me some issues (whole other set of issues... lol), but not nearly as bad as the first one. Despite it all, I love my N10 so much that I'd deal with it's "quirkiness"... to a certain point. :p

Paul_Matthews

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Nexus 10 - it just won't turn on! All the feedback here is super helpful, and I have been sitting here for at least the last hour trying it, but the damn thing won't go! Have emailed the support team. Hopefully I will get some love.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
hopefully paul its been fixed for you. there have been times when mine has completely died. I have actually just let it charge for 2-3 hours and by then it is able to turn on again. will try the 30s solution if it happens again.

Paul_Matthews

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it just happened a couple of times after I first bought it. I put it on the charger and tried a few of the solutions mentioned above and it eventually worked. The Google team got in touch, quite quickly actually. They suggested exactly the same things. Hasn't happened since, fingers crossed it stays that way.

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine has done this twice in the three months I've owned it, the most recent time being this morning. I had fully charged it last night, unplugged the charger and closed the case on it before I went to bed. This morning it would not turn on at all. After fooling around with it for a minute or so, I just depressed the power button and waited. Sure enough. it vibrated and then the display came alive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15