1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Manta Version 8?

Has anyone heard of MANTA version 8? This started coming up on my Nexus 10. I did not ask for it I don't really know if it is an app or what, could be some kind of malware for all I know.Manta Version 8?-imgp0002-large-.jpg

Default Re: Manta Version 8?

looks like the samsung download mode. By chance did you hold down the volume down button when you turned it on.

thats the fastboot mode. how did you get there. its not a malware. its tablet firmware

That's fast boot mode. You get there by holding the power button and volume button at the same time. Don't know how you got there by accident lol.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks guys I am working with a guy at long distance that just got this last Christmas and knows less than I do about it.

...and for those that are wondering, MANTA is short for mantaray which is the codename for the Nexus 10.

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Quote Originally Posted by big matty View Post
    ...and for those that are wondering, MANTA is short for mantaray which is the codename for the Nexus 10.
    ...and codename Wingray = wifi Xoom
    ...and codename Stingray = 3G/wifi Xoom

I see how JAPetty got there by accident as the same thing just happened to me. Like me he has a universal case with rubber bands on each corner to hold the tablet. The band on the top left corner can foul the on/off switch and the volume control toggle sometimes at the same time and that is what happened to me. I am new to Android and only just recently bought the Nexus 10 so my question is having downloaded this Manta 8 in error should I keep it or uninstall it?

You didn't download Manta 8. As someone previously stated that is a code name for the device. Once the download starts I would not kill it. Just let it finish and follow any instructions.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by jazzman37 View Post
    I see how JAPetty got there by accident as the same thing just happened to me. Like me he has a universal case with rubber bands on each corner to hold the tablet. The band on the top left corner can foul the on/off switch and the volume control toggle sometimes at the same time and that is what happened to me. I am new to Android and only just recently bought the Nexus 10 so my question is having downloaded this Manta 8 in error should I keep it or uninstall it?
    You got it exactly.