1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Playstore Keyboard?

Are N10 users generally using the stock keyboard or one from he playstore - if so which one? I am considering downloading a keyboard for the N10.

Default Re: Playstore Keyboard?

stock keyboard works great for me.
    swype/gesture typing works great. predictions has gotten better with 99.9% accurate.
    I uninstalled some of the keyboard from market when i got Nexus 4 & nexus 10 with Android 4.2

BUT, if you are to try any other keyboard swiftkey is equivalent to stock keyboard and one of the best
    Last edited by still1; 01-31-2013 at 09:47 AM.

I used the trick [from the 50 n10 tips link] to change it to a PC keyboard. I've been dong that since eary Dec. I am considering going back to another layout as when I type in portrait, I find I hit the N and/or M instead of the space bar quite frequently.

I need to check and see if I can keep the PC keyboard for landscape and only change the portrait one.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    I used the trick [from the 50 n10 tips link] to change it to a PC keyboard. I've been dong that since eary Dec. I am considering going back to another layout as when I type in portrait, I find I hit the N and/or M instead of the space bar quite frequently.

I need to check and see if I can keep the PC keyboard for landscape and only change the portrait one.
    saw this note at the end of the PC keyboard tip. are you facing this issue?

Note: Mostly-tech reader Craig has reported the above tip changed his default input language and broke voice and image responses via GoogleNow.

I use Swiftkey 3 Tablet. It's amazing.

ROM
    AOSPA 3.99/ Golden Kernel

Swiftkey Flow for Tablet. Friggin Sweet.

Try out "Thumb Keyboard", it's amazing.

I basically went around and tried ALL the different keyboards offered on the Play Store... from Swiftkey to Swype, GO keyboard etc. Thumb Keyboard is better than all of them IMO... I can type super fast on it using the 10" tablet layout it has for Landscape mode. Using Swiftkey and the other "tablet" keyboards I found myself making a lot of mistakes when typing and it wasn't that comfortable to use. I wanted something that would work fresh out of the box and didn't want to fiddle around with settings for hours on end.

It has tons of customization too with different color themes, adjustable sizes for the keys and all that good stuff.

And it's on sale for 50% off at the moment lol.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post

Yeah, me too - keep hitting the 'n' key - very annoying.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanx for the suggestions - so, it looks like it will be between Swiftkey vs. Thumb Keyboard. Anyone else try them both?

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    saw this note at the end of the PC keyboard tip. are you facing this issue?
    No. Assuming I understand what voice and image responses are. I am able to use voice input to type/search, and have no problem with any images appearing.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]