Pogo Charger + OTG with Nexus 10

plajoie

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if any one can tell me if I get a Pogo Charger. Then have a USB keyboard plug in to the OTG cable, will the Nexus 10 still charge or will the OTG stop the charging.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if any one can tell me if I get a Pogo Charger. Then have a USB keyboard plug in to the OTG cable, will the Nexus 10 still charge or will the OTG stop the charging.

There's a topic in here about the POGO charger, with links to buy one from Amazon. Also if you're charging with it it should still charge your tablet while you have the keyboard plugged in.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

plajoie

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I saw the post on the pogo plugs, but I didn't see anything about the pogo + otg / the device charging. I'm just worried on getting the nexus then finding out it does work in the end.

naroom

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
So, you *CAN* charge via POGO connection and use an OTG device at the same time.

To make it happen, you need:
- A POGO power cable
- An OTG Y-cable with power (This is important! A regular OTG cable will not work. It has to be a Y-cable.)
- Two USB power sources (e.g. two power adapters).

Plug all of that in. The OTG Y-cable will supply power to your USB device. The POGO pins will power your Nexus. Your battery charge will gradually increase as you use it.

Tested with a Nexus 10 at full brightness, running an app that disabled sleep, and with wifi off. With a 2A charger, it gains about 4% battery power per hour.

Last edited:

policenauts

Feb 1, 2019
Visit site
So, you *CAN* charge via POGO connection and use an OTG device at the same time.

To make it happen, you need:
- A POGO power cable
- An OTG Y-cable with power (This is important! A regular OTG cable will not work. It has to be a Y-cable.)
- Two USB power sources (e.g. two power adapters).

Plug all of that in. The OTG Y-cable will supply power to your USB device. The POGO pins will power your Nexus. Your battery charge will gradually increase as you use it.

Tested with a Nexus 10 at full brightness, running an app that disabled sleep, and with wifi off. With a 2A charger, it gains about 4% battery power per hour.

I realize this is years old, but throwing this out here. I have the same setup as you - Nexus 10, pogo and OTG Y charger. I'm running stock 5.1.1 ROM.

I found that plugging both in does indeed allow me to actually charge the Nexus 10, but it also seems to cause the tablet to suddenly shut down and/or restart after some duration (at least once when it got to 100%). Did you experience any similar issues if you left both plugged in indefinitely?