Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Miss Elayn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Now that I had charge it, can I use it or do I need to do something else?
    I saw in another thread somewhere that I need to update the exploitation system to android 4.2 so
    I want to know if I have to do it and how.

    Also is it normal that sometimes the tablet "shakes" when I use it?

    Help would be appreciated!

    P.S. The tablet looks so nice! It's even better in real than in web reviews pictures. I really like the design. :P
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    to update go to settings-->about tablet-->check updates.

    what do you mean it shakes?? vibrate?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Hello still1!
    Thank you for for help. Yes, I meant it vibrates. I just found how to change it in the settings for no vibration.
    Do you know how to disable auto correct ? Cause I had put the language un french but when I write in english it doesn't stop correcting me!!!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Elayn View Post
    Hello still1!
    Thank you for for help. Yes, I meant it vibrates. I just found how to change it in the settings for no vibration.
    Do you know how to disable auto correct ? Cause I had put the language un french but when I write in english it doesn't stop correcting me!!!
    Go to settings again and click on language and input. Unchecking spell checker should do it.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Oh OK thank you Demonic!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Elayn View Post
    Oh OK thank you Demonic!
    Anytime. Hope that solves your problem and that you enjoy the tablet as much as I do.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Yep it works now. No more auto correct!
    I really like the tablet so far.
    I am really happy I bought it instead of other tablets. :-)
    Sent from my Nexus 10
    xlDeMoNiClx and anonuk like this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Elayn View Post
    Yep it works now. No more auto correct!
    I really like the tablet so far.
    I am really happy I bought it instead of other tablets. :-)
    It's definitely the best one out there.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Elayn View Post
    Yep it works now. No more auto correct!
    I really like the tablet so far.
    I am really happy I bought it instead of other tablets. :-)
    I love mine too.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    DId not see a thread for this question...just got mine a day ago. My question is with multiple users, if I download an application for one user (say Angry Birds)...how do I get that application available to another user without it downloading again and wasting space. Is the OS smart enough to recognize the program already exists to another user and use that version?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1216 View Post
    DId not see a thread for this question...just got mine a day ago. My question is with multiple users, if I download an application for one user (say Angry Birds)...how do I get that application available to another user without it downloading again and wasting space. Is the OS smart enough to recognize the program already exists to another user and use that version?
    As far as I can tell they're completely separate so you would have to download it twice. That's just my guess though, I don't use that feature.

    This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1216 View Post
    DId not see a thread for this question...just got mine a day ago. My question is with multiple users, if I download an application for one user (say Angry Birds)...how do I get that application available to another user without it downloading again and wasting space. Is the OS smart enough to recognize the program already exists to another user and use that version?
    With apps, the system is intelligent: If one user goes into the Play Store and installs an app that another user has already downloaded onto the tablet, Android will "install" the app for the user -- basically making it available to her -- but won't actually redownload it.

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    As far as I can tell they're completely separate so you would have to download it twice. That's just my guess though, I don't use that feature.

    This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    wrong!! I know you made a guess! see my above post.

    for more details about how multiuser works on Android 4.2 read this article Android 4.2 multiuser support: Hands-on impressions and gallery | Computerworld Blogs
    very informative.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    With apps, the system is intelligent: If one user goes into the Play Store and installs an app that another user has already downloaded onto the tablet, Android will "install" the app for the user -- basically making it available to her -- but won't actually redownload it.
    .
    Excellent! Thank you very much for your helpful information!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Excellent! Appreciate your helpful response on my apps for multiple accounts.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    With apps, the system is intelligent: If one user goes into the Play Store and installs an app that another user has already downloaded onto the tablet, Android will "install" the app for the user -- basically making it available to her -- but won't actually redownload it.


    wrong!! I know you made a guess! see my above post.

    for more details about how multiuser works on Android 4.2 read this article Android 4.2 multiuser support: Hands-on impressions and gallery | Computerworld Blogs
    very informative.
    Meh. I don't use it so I'm not going to know much about it.

    This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Questions : Just received my Nexus 10!

    I agree with you dear.I was also facing this problem but i went into settings and fixed it.

Similar Threads

  1. Just received my SECOND Nexus 7 and the screen
    By rootbrain in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 03:09 PM
  2. Just got my Nexus - a few questions
    By raremage in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2011, 08:51 AM
  3. Just received my ota update! Anyone else?
    By kroman1107 in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 08:35 AM
  4. Just ordered my Nexus One
    By GadgetMomma in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 05:19 PM
  5. Just ordered my Nexus One
    By djay04 in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 09:58 PM

Posting Permissions