Another Nexus newbie with some questions!

AndyW9999

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Another Nexus newbie with some questions!

Hi everyone, just had a Google nexus 10 for a couple of days now....first ever tablet PC / Android OS device - pretty experienced with PCs and Window but this is very different! :D

Getting on fine customising the setup and installing Apps etc, finding the solution most the time I get stuck here or elsewhere on the Interweb but there's a few minor things I just can't sort out.

I'll start with just a couple of questions and keep working on the other 'issues' myself for a while....

1) Music Player
I've added a bunch of MP3 albums to the GN10 - originally the album artwork appeared in screen you could scroll through but in finding my way around the App changed the view to a static tiled view of the album covers - no way can I switch back or between any view options now!
By the way.....stick with the standard music player or other Apps recommended? (would be nice to have a graphic equaliser.......I've set up a nice set of external speakers with Logitech Bluetooth audio adapter)

2) My Library...
My Music.......the icons on the 'Desktop' are just grey squares with the album title etc......surely the album covers/artwork should show?

........that's it for now :)
Thanks
Andy
Motorcycle Info Pages - Home

abalsiger

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest switching your music over to Play. It stores it all online without taking up space on your device and if you want to you can download them for offline play right from there. Plus it will have your album covers. Although I had some covers I had to edit, it's very easy to do on the PC through your Play account.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Highly recommend PowerAmp as the music player. It's available in the Google store and there is a free trial.

AndyW9999

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
:) ....as it happens I had a browse for alternative players a couple of days back and am now trialling what looked the best option.....PowerAmp :D

I would suggest switching your music over to Play. It stores it all online without taking up space on your device and if you want to you can download them for offline play right from there. Plus it will have your album covers. Although I had some covers I had to edit, it's very easy to do on the PC through your Play account.
Thanks.....but I prefer to store music on-device (my whole collection is digitised, all tags, artwork etc sorted) and storage space is not that much of an issue (32Gb version Nexus10 + usb stick drive).

Turns out it's 'recent music' view that gives the scrolling album covers/artwork....strange that that view is not available for the full music selection :shrug:

Removed and added the Library widget again but no change.........not fussed though as removed again as on second thoughts can't see the need anyway, how often would one of the few albums shown be what you wanted to listen too anyway?.......just hit the Media Player icon...

Something else strange (to me anyway lol).....
The photo gallery has imported all the artwork/album covers from the Music folder :( ......can't see a setting to change this?