Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AV input (Svideo) to Nexus 10?

Hi All,

I'm after some pretty specific info. I have a night vision scope that I use for skywatching along with my telescope to capture footage of meteorite showers/satellites/ISS. It has an sVideo out on it which I know can be plugged into small 4.5in screens via svid to usb to both watch live and record the footage. However, I was wondering whether there was a chance this was possible with the Nexus 10 and android. Since it has a micro USB I wondered if I could get an svid to usb cable and hook it up to the nexus 10 with a usb-micro usb converter? Any ideas? Is there any software that does this available from the android store? (Something that records external webcam footage perhaps?)

Thanks in advance!

Al
    KJ

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Default Re: AV input (Svideo) to Nexus 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Darby View Post
    Hi All,

I'm after some pretty specific info. I have a night vision scope that I use for skywatching along with my telescope to capture footage of meteorite showers/satellites/ISS. It has an sVideo out on it which I know can be plugged into small 4.5in screens via svid to usb to both watch live and record the footage. However, I was wondering whether there was a chance this was possible with the Nexus 10 and android. Since it has a micro USB I wondered if I could get an svid to usb cable and hook it up to the nexus 10 with a usb-micro usb converter? Any ideas? Is there any software that does this available from the android store? (Something that records external webcam footage perhaps?)

Thanks in advance!

Al
    You could probably get an svideo to micro HDMI converter.

forgive my ignorance but I always assumed the micro HDMI was a video/audio "out". So it is possible to import media into the N10 this way?

For example. I could HDMi out from my TV into my N10 and record the signal[ with an appropriate app]?

Probably not because of hdcp. I am also not sure if just having the port means it can act as a input.