Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody using screen protectors?

If so which ones are you using and what would you rate it? Protection and ease of installation. Thanks.

Default Re: Anybody using screen protectors?

I think these are Crystal Clear ones I have. Came in a 3-pack with the case I got for my N10. They work well, but I think ease of installation is gonna be the same for all of them.

Yeah, basically a pain in the *** to install without getting big craters all over your screen....saying that, I did manage it ok in the end.

I got the Skinomi screen protector. I never used this one before but I had great results. It went on fairly easily (for a screen protector), but there were numerous little bubbles that I could not squeegee out. I contacted Skinomi and they said that I shouldn't worry as they usually take a few days to disappear. I was very skeptical but after two days many of the air bubbles started to disappear, and after four days it was perfectly clear. I cannot tell that there is a screen protector on the device, as there is no "orange peel" effect and the screen is not rubber-feeling at all.
    twilite2000 likes this.

What I've noticed with some screen protectors is if you put it in a tight case or a pocket without being careful sometimes the case edge will take the protector off or cause it to mess up.

I couldn't think how to put it into words so I took a picture of my phone which went through just that:

Poetic anti-glare screen protector, it's a dry apply so installation is pretty simple. As for protection I haven't really had a need for them yet since I am pretty careful with my tablets.

ArmorSuit Military Shield: A bear to install but excellent results. From Amazon. Must watch the video on their website before touching anything!

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

I am using the XtremeGuard ones. They are wet apply. You use a drop of dish detergent in some water. Wet the protector in the water and the detergent makes it so you can slide it to the correct position on your screen. I could never get the dry apply ones centered. There isn't enough water involved to worry about getting the electronics wet. They are shiny, not antiglare, and have a slight amount of orange peel. I like the feel better than the bare glass and they don't seem as prone to finger prints. Finally try coupon code 70off for you guess how much off.
    twilite2000 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I purchased Armorsuit screen protector for my Nexus 10 and I love it. I've installed other screen protectors on many other devices with frustrating results. Once installed any defects were permanent.

The company recommended watching a video on how to install Armorsuit. I was extremely nervous. First you must wash and dry your hands. Make sure your screen is clear of all smudges and finger prints. Spray your finger tips with the pre-packaged solution. Spray the front side of the screen protector with the same solution. Start peeling the paper off the back side while spraying. I have to tell you I had my husband help me. He sprayed while I peeled. You can easily move the screen protector around while it's wet ensuring correct placement. Squeegy any excess water out. Now after I did all of this my screen looked awful. The company suggest not using your device for 24 hours for best results. I had my doubts but I kept my fingers crossed anyway. After 24 hours the smudges were gone as were most of the bubbles. My confidence in the product increasing. Now after 4 days I have one itty bitty bubble (which I feel will disappear) on the border of my Nexus 10.

So the short version is I would highly recommend this product.

Hope this was helpful. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me. There were some other steps I took to make sure my Nexus came out unaffected by the installation.