Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Pictures veiwed in sites

First time I own a tablet. Nexus 10 seemed the way to go,as I have a galaxy II so I thought the learning curve would be smaller. I still can't acually go to Hotmail on line. I get this message that says to clear my browser cookies or some such poo. I mean, why can't I simply go to a internet site? Why do some pictures not show up when I am at certain sites? What browser does this use? Chrone? Google? Can you switch? Seems like today all the companys want you in thier camp and have started rounding up followers by making thier stuff propriotory and encapsalating. I thought I followed the instructions to allow it to use Flash. I never would have bought it had I known it wasn't going to use Flash. Thats dumb. I use Hotmail, and have since it was invented. I'm not going to use gmail now. Where the heck are my contacts? I mean I get hotmail with my tablet but if it's something I can't see, I have no contacts. I mean I can repy to a email but if I want to send to all in my contact list I don't know them by memory. Or even just send one email , like on my computer I just click on contacts and select anyone I want? Know what I mean, Jelly Bean??

Default Re: Pictures veiwed in sites

why not try the hotmail app?

Default Re: Pictures veiwed in sites

Quote Originally Posted by Kram59 View Post
    First time I own a tablet. Nexus 10 seemed the way to go,as I have a galaxy II so I thought the learning curve would be smaller. I still can't acually go to Hotmail on line. I get this message that says to clear my browser cookies or some such poo. I mean, why can't I simply go to a internet site? Why do some pictures not show up when I am at certain sites? What browser does this use? Chrone? Google? Can you switch? Seems like today all the companys want you in thier camp and have started rounding up followers by making thier stuff propriotory and encapsalating. I thought I followed the instructions to allow it to use Flash. I never would have bought it had I known it wasn't going to use Flash. Thats dumb. I use Hotmail, and have since it was invented. I'm not going to use gmail now. Where the heck are my contacts? I mean I get hotmail with my tablet but if it's something I can't see, I have no contacts. I mean I can repy to a email but if I want to send to all in my contact list I don't know them by memory. Or even just send one email , like on my computer I just click on contacts and select anyone I want? Know what I mean, Jelly Bean??
    On a Nexus device, none of the built-in software elements or applications are proprietary or encapsulating to the point of restriction. Android has very deep integration with Google's services. This is a benefit to users of these services, but it is not necessarily detrimental to those who are not. You can use any type of service you'd like, and there will certainly be some way to access your data on the N10. For browsing, I use Google Chrome -- as do many others -- though I know some prefer the stock Android 'Browser' or others available through the Play Store. Here's a quick list of browsers, in no particular order:

As for pictures not showing up, are you on a home network or a work network? As for your browser, you should be able to tell. Are you using the "Chrome" shortcut, "Browser" shortcut, or a different shortcut altogether? For Hotmail, you seem to be complaining about the experience you're having when viewing Hotmail via a browser. Have you tried adding your account(s) in the stock "Email" application? You shouldn't have any problem doing so.

Edit: and, as pointed out above, try out the Hotmail application.

Use the search function in the Play Store! Google Play is full of official and third-party applications meant to enable services such as Hotmail, for example.