Considering the Nexus for my next tablet

nickbettschen

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So im looking for a new tablet and everyone's saying for all the things i need to go with the nexus 10

now i just need to pick 16 or 32gb?

I like the 32gb for space but all i need it for is for movies and shows for when i travel, some one had said that i could use a OTG cable and use a USB stick

my question is... if i only get the 16bg, could i just store my movies on a USB stick and watch them when its conected threw a OTG cable

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you can. Just get the biggest flash drive you can, connect it all and you're set. I'm planning on doing the same thing soon.

Last edited:

davrow

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
And you can buy as many USB sticks as you want/need. I have separate sticks for music, books, pictures and movies.

Note that you may wish to copy the movies instead of playing them from the stick. Just so you don't need to leave the OTG cable connected. I got the wrong bend in mine and it interferes with the headphones.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
While a flash drive/extenal hard drive may be a functional solution. I still I have NEVER been in a situation where I opted for larger storage and regretted it. I have on more than one occasion purchased "less" storage and wished I had opted for "more". So My advice would be go 32 AND whatever external storage you desire on top of that.

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the 32 GB version. My concern isn't video content but the size of apps. As apps get optimizes with higher quality assets they will take up more space. A good example of the impact can be a magazine. If the publisher Decides to take advantage of the high resolution display the magazine will just be larger when downloaded.

External wireless drives are a nice option to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary