Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Authentication problem

Why does my Nexus 10 tablet keep losing its connection to the internet when it shows I'm connected. We have a strong new router and everything seems to be OK I also have a laptop that is working fine. Can anyone give me some suggestions to try? I do get a signal that says authentication problem . Help Please as I'm getting very frustrated !!!

Default Re: Authentication problem

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Holt View Post
    Why does my Nexus 10 tablet keep losing its connection to the internet when it shows I'm connected. We have a strong new router and everything seems to be OK I also have a laptop that is working fine. Can anyone give me some suggestions to try? I do get a signal that says authentication problem . Help Please as I'm getting very frustrated !!!
    Settings>Wi-Fi>menu [3 dots in upper right corner]> is Wi-Fi on during sleep set to always?
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

I have same problem and, yes, wi-fi on during sleep is set to always. Have WPA2 PSK security.

Not trying to be a smarta--, but I suggest you use Google and see what you can find on the web. I just did...there are a LOT of threads out there on a variety of forums regarding Nexus wifi connectivity issues. The possible solutions range from de-installing Chrome, to changing the frequency band settings on the tablet, to changing the channel the router uses, to installing a wifi analyzer app. You might find a workaround that would solve your problem.