Nexus 10 Non Rooted or Unlocked Boot Loop

Banefire

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
OK I've had my N10 since the begging. I've never Unlocked or Rooted it. I am running 4.2.1 and all the latest updates to me apps.

Last night while surfing the new using Dolphin Browser my N10 rebooted (not that this is the first time that I have had a random reboot, but doesn't happen often). So after the reboot I went back to surfing and when I opened Dolphin browser it recovered the last page I was on and then the N10 went in to a boot loop.

I tried to clear the Cache, but it still keep looping. Finally I had to do a Factory Reset to be able to boot.

Has this happened to anyone else? Hope Google fixes this in 4.2.2

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep, basically the same thing (or at least similar) happened to me earlier this week. I've always had the occasional reboots from which the Nexus 10 seems to suffer, but they had until Tuesday been infrequent (probably one reboot every couple of days). Then, Tuesday evening the reboots became more frequent (I had 3 in the space of about 4 hours) then, by Wednesday afternoon, using the device at all almost always resulted in a reboot and it also started to spontaneously reboot even when I wasn't using it. I didn't install any new apps or change any settings during this period, so I'm at a loss as to the cause.

Now, technically, what happened to me wasn't a boot loop (it did actually make it into Android and would reboot anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes later). I tried clearing the cache etc., even doing a factory reset, but this didn't help, and I had to resort to flashing the factory JOP040C image. Since then (touch wood) it has been back to normal with just one reboot in the past 3 days...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2