1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Q] Icon touch sensitivity

I got a Nexus 10. Sent it back. The main icons were not very responsive to touching and poking. Sometimes 1 touch would work, sometimes it would take 3 or 4.
    But the bottom icons always worked. Like the home icon.

I looked at Transformer T300. Exactly the same thing. Is it me or is it the same for everyone?

Haven't tried an ipad.

Default Re: [Q] Icon touch sensitivity

Did you use your finger or a stylus? N10 is very sensitive to any sideways movement, takes getting used to if using a finger. If you were not using a stylus try that.

I've never had any other icon selection issues.

first time I've heard this complaint about the N10. I have no problem with mine when it comes to selecting icons Etc.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That mat be it. I do have a condition that gives me shaky hands and fingers. A non-life-threatening inherited condition known as essential tremor.

Still I never had a problem with the home button. Makes me wonder if the bottom buttons are done differently.
    Thanked by:

The home button(s) don't move, so yes, they are different. Icons are intentionally able to tell the difference between short press, long press and drag-n-drop.

This is my first tablet. I was accustomed to a pressure sensitive screen and found myself leaving my finger on the icon way too long - it kept thinking I was dragging it instead of selecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by brycej817 View Post
    That mat be it. I do have a condition that gives me shaky hands and fingers. A non-life-threatening inherited condition known as essential tremor.

Thanks for mentioning it. I hope that Google/Apple/Microsoft take this type of thing into consideration as the Tech Savy populous ages we will experiance similar shakes/temors in greater numbers. The Software should start addressing this now for your benefit and everyone else's
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]