Faint flashing LED

tschucha

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
In the middle of the night last night I noticed a faint flashing light coming from my Nexus 10. The light was coming from the POGO charger area. This morning checked the area out and realized that the light was almost certainly coming from the microphone pinhole. I powered down the tablet and the flashing light stopped.

See photo of microphone pinhole here:
Photo zoom - GSMArena.com

Anyone have any idea what was going on?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
In the middle of the night last night I noticed a faint flashing light coming from my Nexus 10. The light was coming from the POGO charger area. This morning checked the area out and realized that the light was almost certainly coming from the microphone pinhole. I powered down the tablet and the flashing light stopped.

See photo of microphone pinhole here:
Photo zoom - GSMArena.com

Anyone have any idea what was going on?

Are you sure its not the LED notification light?

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Since microphones don't blink, it is probably from the notification LED. Here's what a quick Google search came up with:

Learn how to decipher the notification LED ? You?ve probably noticed there?s an LED on the front of your Nexus 10 that flashes occasionally. It?s there to let you when you have one ore more notifications waiting. Its LED is capable of displaying multiple colors so you can tell what type of notification you have without unlocking your tablet. Since there is no mention of this feature in the Nexus 10 manual, there is some confusion over the colors used. It appears Google uses white for Gmail or SMS texts, blue is for Facebook notifications, green indicates your tablet is 100% charged, and also may show Google Voice notifications, yellow is for Google Talk and red is for Google+. It appears third-party apps can trigger the notification LED as well. One thing I?ve noticed about the notification LED is it sometimes continues to flash after you?ve cleared your notifications. If this blinking bothers you, you can turn off the notification LED by going to Settings > Display and unchecking ?Pulse notification light.?

tschucha

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
That's what it was. In the dark I misjudges where the light was coming from. I didn't even know that the Nexus 10 had a notification light. I have never noticed it before.

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I've only observed mine working once, and that was when the tablet was in sleep mode with the cover closed. I have never seen it work with the tablet being actively used (e.g., web surfing, using Google Play,\ or whatever). It may have to do with the fact that I log out of Facebook when I'm not using it, and use Yahoo email instead of Gmail, both of which might cut down on the type of notifications it would receive. I have received notifications of apps being updated on the pulldown menu at the top left of the screen, but there have not been corresponding "blinks" from the LED. If anyone out there can shed more light (pun intended) on the LED and how to make it more useful, that would be helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37